first weeks sales in usa poll

so whats your guess?

• 10,000(make the cds 10 bucks each lol)

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 15,000(slow start)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 25,000(would be a nice start)

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 50,000(thinks are looking up)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 75,000(woo hoo)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 100,000 (someone tel me to get real)

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 150,000(i am hallucinating)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200,000(yeah right)

• 500,000(who am i kidding)

• 1,000,000(no i am not smoking crack hhehehe)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well i am gonna guesstimate 25,000,would be a good way to kick things off

i have put some funny figures in there but its all good for a laugh and there aint nothing wrong with dreaming!

I have no idea what the sales will be like. If MTV are advertsing the headbangers ball people might download a track like it and buy it (thats were downloading can help) or todays MTV generation will not like them cause they don't sound like korn or linkin park or whatevers big at the moment.

or you have the true metal people saying it doesn't sound like the joey years or that it is nu rock sounding :erk: oh lord, but it doesn't get me down as I will be passing out tons of fliers at the blackest of the black show where people WILL know anthrax is coming out the following tuesday. :wave:

I have no idea how it will sell first week.

I haven;t heard them on the radio at all here, but then again I only turn the radio on for about 1 hour a day.

I think if they sell a total of 200,000 copies, that would be a great achievement. That woudl put them at the top of the heap with sales..thats more than most metal bands sell.

Ofcourse I hope it goes Gold...I was just considering the fact that record sales suck and they are an older band...shit...Maiden's last one didn;t break 200,000 units in the US.

Vol 8 did just under 12,000 in it's first week. All 80,000 that were printed sold out long ago.
With the way the business is now, it will be hard to do more than that in the first week. If Sanctuary stay's in business for the next 18 months, they could sell 300,000 or more. Hopefully Headbanger's Ball will keep them in the public eye more so then they have been the last 8 years.

dutchy said:
.........I hope they sell as much as with SOWN, Trax fuckin deserve it and I still waiting for a live Bush and some cool DVD"S, so sell the shit out of this heave fucker!!!!

"We are not going to do a live record." (Scott Ian, recent interview) Sorry to turn you down :hotjump:

Darth Coitus said:
I think 15,000 is realistic. Especially given I doubt you'll see it listed in WalMart's Sunday ad. :loco:
Yeah, most major label hits don't sell 25,000 or 50,000 a week. I used to read Billboard ALOT (it was in my high school library). Whenever I see these posts about album sales I realize many people don't understand the dynamics of those charts. I'm really bummed that Sanctuary has done nothing to get "Safe Home" on radio. The album comes out Tuesday, and no one knows about it. Those who do, already have downloaded it. If they land a tour this summer that will help.