Fission to play live?

It looks like a mistake there, taking into account the roster.

Anyway, Defiance can travel there to check it out (since he lives closer to PR than anyone on the forum)

I highly doubt this is 'our' Fission. All the rest of the groups are drum and bass, techno, or drone rock.

Also, last.fm has a record of mixing up groups that have the same name, yet are wildly different styles.

Haha a trip to Puerto Rico would be kinda expensive actually :p

I remember once when some weird pseudo show producer anounced that he will bring vintersorg to Costa Rica haha :p I didnt even believed it of course.

Haha a trip to Puerto Rico would be kinda expensive actually :p

I remember once when some weird pseudo show producer anounced that he will bring vintersorg to Costa Rica haha :p I didnt even believed it of course.

Here happens a lot, but I remember that the most fake of them was a death fest with Morbid Angel, Deicide and Carcass. They even spread flyers :rofl:.

Once was announced a Borknagar gig with Satyricon.

hmm it's still there on the page, i've just reported it as incorrect.

Thanks!

I'm still trying to get them to recognize that Intrigue - the barbershop quartet is NOT the same Intrigue that is the metal band from Kautokeino, Norway. Don't even get me started on the 6+ bands named Shaman!

The thing is that the page can't tell the difference between one Fission and the other so it just puts the most famous one. Probably the other is some underground band from any genre, maybe even without any material recorded, but when they input the band name in the event Lastfm thinks is that fission.

Anyway hehe.

Well, here once was announced Vision Divine for a gig, even tickets were sold ...of course fake :p. And the lots and lots of shows cancelled :( I still hate when I remember that the Costa Rica date was announced in the Stratovarius website and it was cancelled......boo :(

I suppose europpeans and northamericans dont have those troubles so much.

are you already thinking about concerts?
i'm still thinking about to find pain parade which seems to be out of commerce here :cry:
damn! it was one of the most-waited albums for me and i'm still here with nothing but a handful of flies in hand :cry:

Haha here its not even for sale and most probably wont be :(...if I want it I've to order it from outside, and the price will be outrageous :( :( :( I really hate that

the strange thing is that it cannot be found eighter to download.
this album seems to never have existed.
as i already said i download those album i cannot find here to have some listening while i'm waiting to find them original, even if i live in europe, to live in italy is like to live in a desert for all that concerns metal music, and above all not mainstream groups. so it's always a long hard fight to get what you're looking for.

i'm so sad cause i've been waiting for that album for soooo long time, and now? it has been nearly a year that it has been realesed and i've never listened to it, NEVER....just two or three songs that fission upoladed on their myspace.... :cry:

are you already thinking about concerts?
i'm still thinking about to find pain parade which seems to be out of commerce here :cry:
damn! it was one of the most-waited albums for me and i'm still here with nothing but a handful of flies in hand :cry:

Still don't have it?
Now it starts to hurt me too :p

I am starting to think the members from these projects (also Borknagar) are sometimes incapable when it's about promotion.
Know what? When I stood at the merchandise stand last friday in Leeuwarden and I noticed they didn't sold any cd's or vinyl (my dad was really dissapointed :( ) I thought this was because of some bureaucratic bull shit because of the record company. But a friend did talk with Ostein and he said that they didn't know people are interested to buy more than shirts. So they didn't take any music with them! :s
In their place I would take all music with me. Especially vinyl ( me and my friends were looking forward to buy vinyl :) ). And why not take cd's from Fission, Waterclime etc. also to sell it at the merchandise stand?

Maybe I am thinking to simplistic about this? What do you think?

Actually I think you're right. Although its hard for me to think about a *big band* like borknagar having to sell cd's in concerts, like any other band. I suppose here in the americas we idealize a lot these bands but of course they are not rockstars and metal isnt the most commercial genre.

In that case of course they should take some cds. Even as a favor to their fans...imagine buying a cd from the hands of oistein or mr v...well I dont think they'd be at the stand but anyway :p.

By the way, you live in Italy, and still can be expensive for you. Now imagine me having a 5, 6 or 7 times lower income (as our economy is smaller), so the cd is 5, 6 or 7 times more expensive for me, and sometimes cds cost about double they really cost, around 20euros because of import costs...so I really have to download most of my music.

And yer I havent found any working link from fission album :p.......sooo sorry mr v :( But i cant afford to import it :(. Well Vintersorg and borknagar albums are available here so I buy some :p

I have it, thanks to an argentinian friend who imports cds from usa en Eu (I dunno where he found it). It's pretty good, more solid than Crater, mr V's grim/growls have improved A LOT. I was totally shocked hearing him so menacing!!! There are some nice folk moments here and there and tons of headbanging riffs...an excellent album and alternative to the decayed 'gothemburg' melodic death style.

Edit: If I were there, I would buy some cd's (to give them as gifts) vinyls, shirts and looked for the guys to sign them.

i have read in the interviews of both Oystein and mr.V that they don't bother with these things much. It's all about music!
Mr V: I live for composing. The touring business has never been essential to me, as I'm not that kind of "on-the road" guy. I see our music as serious art, and just trying to reproduce it night after night isn't the best possible way to grow as a composer. I mean, I like that hour on stage, but the other 23 are just about waiting, and I have so many ideas I want to make into a musical reality, so... we've never had any financial goals, as we do it from an artistic view, we just simply need to do this.
[Source]

Ok, he's talking about touring here, but i think it pretty much answers your question Mark.

It really sucks that they didn't have any cds with them last friday, i took lots of cash with me in the hopes to buy cds and all kinds of stuff and i was extremely disappointed!! :cry: i went home empty handed...

I have also spent much time trying to find Pain Parade several months ago. Couldn't find neither the cd nor a torrent! Lefay, you're so right, it seems that it never has existed!! :ill: When i finally managed to dld it, i was soooooooooo shocked, because it truly is a masterpiece and EVERYBODY should know it!! I was so overwhelmed i wrote a comment on Fission's myspace, and they were so kind to write me back... It is arguably the best album that was ever created by mr.V !

Maybe you can try and dld it here
Or, if you search for a torrent, it does give you some results these days. Or you can ask me, i'll send you mp3s.
The only place where you can order a hard copy cd seems to sill be cdbaby
I want it so much, i'm going to buy it from them after all!

Is Mr V a whole time musician or he has a day job?? I suppose that if he sells enough cd's in other ways, selling 10 cd's in a concert (even if he plays almost never :p) doesnt makes much difference...ooor, if he has a day job so there's no pressure for comercializing his music.