Fission to play live?

i have read in the interviews of both Oystein and mr.V that they don't bother with these things much. It's all about music!
[Source]

Ok, he's talking about touring here, but i think it pretty much answers your question Mark.

It really sucks that they didn't have any cds with them last friday, i took lots of cash with me in the hopes to buy cds and all kinds of stuff and i was extremely disappointed!! :cry: i went home empty handed...

I have also spent much time trying to find Pain Parade several months ago. Couldn't find neither the cd nor a torrent! Lefay, you're so right, it seems that it never has existed!! :ill: When i finally managed to dld it, i was soooooooooo shocked, because it truly is a masterpiece and EVERYBODY should know it!! I was so overwhelmed i wrote a comment on Fission's myspace, and they were so kind to write me back... It is arguably the best album that was ever created by mr.V !

Maybe you can try and dld it here
Or, if you search for a torrent, it does give you some results these days. Or you can ask me, i'll send you mp3s.
The only place where you can order a hard copy cd seems to sill be cdbaby
I want it so much, i'm going to buy it from them after all!

Yes Envina, it answers a bit the questions. But Ostein said he didn't know there was demand for. Isn't that a bit naive?

About mr. V's answer. He's like Chuck Norris. Mr. V never sleeps. He waits! ;) hehehe

Maybe they dont know how big they are haha. Here in Costa Rica I see a LOT of people with borknagar t shirts in the streets.

I have a really weird fixation, or just call ir heavy curiosity, about knowing my favourite musicians day jobs. Its weird to imagine them in a really mundane day life doing things you do.

At the borknagar forum there is already a topic about their jobs! Ostein is a social worker I think. The only one I remembered, i think because we're doing the same work. ;)
And isn't Vintersorg teaching mathematics or something? Anyway, this is off-topic. ;)

Maybe they dont know how big they are haha. Here in Costa Rica I see a LOT of people with borknagar t shirts in the streets.

I have a really weird fixation, or just call ir heavy curiosity, about knowing my favourite musicians day jobs. Its weird to imagine them in a really mundane day life doing things you do.

then maybe this interview will be of special interest to you ;)

Oh thanks a lot!! :p. Precisely I love Vintersorg music because he has a really substancial philosophy behind his music, realtinh science and emotions, two aspects that almost never get together. I always thought that if I ever talk to Andreas I'll talk more about life and universe perceptions instead of only music...anyway a little bit off topic :p

Wow great interview. Nice to read he works with children too. At the moment I work with older youth so I have time to be on this forum. ;)

There are many things really recognizable for me. Especially his statement about how he lives, in harmony with nature and surroundings.

Wow great interview. Nice to read he works with children too. At the moment I work with older youth so I have time to be on this forum. ;)

There are many things really recognizable for me. Especially his statement about how he lives, in harmony with nature and surroundings.

I felt the same. I'm a Uni formed professor too and I enjoy a lot to teach, not just the Uni people, to children and older people too. To share our knowlegde and visions about us, our surroundings and the relation between really enrich me. It's fantastic how people are so different from each other and have so many different thoughts and concepts about the same matters...after all this time I feel all I know is very few and relative.

Also I live surrounded by nature and I try to enjoy it always. I also love to show to my friends where I live, telling them about his history and other interesting stuff (at least for me). Even if I work and study on the cientific field of knowledge, I can help but to mix my emotions when is something related to nature. I feel insignificant but at the same time, like a important and functional part of the enormous organism called Earth.

Really? I never see any :p . And most of them are pirate shirts, so they don't count. Borknagar and Vintersorg shirts only count if they cost more than $50 hehe.

Ah yeah I read that interview, it's very good.

oh fuck how much did you write today fucking spammers???? :lol:

i don't know anymore what to reply to who.... :zombie:

let's make a comprehensive post.

yes, mrV is going to become a teacher...i'll link one funny thread i started years ago about this :lol: very stupid but funny, i sometimes still have those images printed in my mind :lol:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/vintersorg/238854-uhm-teacher.html

@arx: i get what you say. here there's a very similar situation. by the coming of euro our economy collapsed, prices of stuff have raised while the salaries have remained the same, so today cds cost 20-22 euro which is a very high price compared to an average salary.
and beyond that you can only find the same 10 big-super-mega-galactic-groups everywhere, like iron maiden, metallica, motorhead, black sabbath. metal seems to have died after them for italian shops.

@wind: yes i still don't have it :zombie:
and i refuse to order it from USA (cdbaby is american if i'm not wrong) . fuck it! i live in europe and do i have to buy a european product from the USA? it's madness! there's definitely something deeply wrong in this, and you know that!
i really don't know why borknagar didn't bring their cds with them, but when i went to see finntroll last week they did have no merchandise too, no cds and no t-shirts. i was so disappointed. i have all the cds original and yet one shirt but it would have been nice to have a tour t-shirt :cry:

i think the problem is always the same, maybe they didn't bring cds cause they don't sell them, but why they don't sell? i don't think it's all piracy's fault.

today i'm gone to a big shop called mediaworld. it sells evertything connected with tecnology, from tvs to stereos, from washing machines to pcs, from playstation games to dvds and cds.
i was shocked from how many films had an offer-price. from 7 € to 14 €...but the most part of it costed 10 €.
then i went in the cd zone and i got really depressed. why a film does cost only 10 € and a cd 20 €? it's just stupid! you cannot compare the cost of the making of a film (big actors and a huge number of people for the stuff) with the one of a cd.
so i really don't understand why cd prices only get higher day after day, piracy made the dvd's price get lower, why not cd's price?

i 'm surely forgetting something i wanted to say :loco:

@wind: yes i still don't have it :zombie:
and i refuse to order it from USA (cdbaby is american if i'm not wrong) . fuck it! i live in europe and do i have to buy a european product from the USA? it's madness! there's definitely something deeply wrong in this, and you know that!

ok this was a very reasonable remark so i dug a bit deeper (i'm an uber nerd i know that, now you know that too :p)... here's the answer:

It seems that Crater was released with Napalm Records. BUT, Pain Parade was released with another record company, called Aphotic Records. As you can see, it's a quite obscure record label which is conrfirmed by their own slogan "The darkest metal label on the web" :rolleyes:

They are situated on Bainbridge Island, WA, USA and here is why the Pain Parade cd is only sold on cdbaby, which is indeed american.

As Fission's myspace states:
..and then 3 years later FISSION is back, with a new album and a new label, in the 12th of July 2007 Bradd and Carrie from Aphotic records (USA) made a trip far up in the north of Sweden and inked a deal with Benny and Andreas...
i don't know what was the reason to change the record label but it certainly wasn't any good... i wish they stayed with Napalm :cry:

Really? I never see any :p . And most of them are pirate shirts, so they don't count. Borknagar and Vintersorg shirts only count if they cost more than $50 hehe.

Ah yeah I read that interview, it's very good.

Precisely haha. I've seen lots in the streets, but of course they'are phony copies...official merch would cost the double. Gosh I hate those pirate shirts, theyre huge and ugly.

And lefay you have a really good point. Some people may think movies get most of them money from theatres, but not...they get almost half or more in dvd sales and blockbusters. Sometimes I really think that record labels take a lot of money from the artists...Im sure Mr V recieves as much as 3 or 4€ by each album he sells.

I hate you :( you can go to band shows every week because they are in your countries :p here for us is like a gig every four months if lucky.

And lefay you have a really good point. Some people may think movies get most of them money from theatres, but not...they get almost half or more in dvd sales and blockbusters. Sometimes I really think that record labels take a lot of money from the artists...Im sure Mr V recieves as much as 3 or 4€ by each album he sells.

I hate you :( you can go to band shows every week because they are in your countries :p here for us is like a gig every four months if lucky.

not for being pessimistic, but i fear that artists gain less than 3 or 4 euro for each album :rolleyes:

well maybe this not works for non-mainstream groups, but groups like iron maiden or metallica, they do big tours and they can earn money also from that. or think about pop stars like madonna, that play in front of thousands people, and tickets for those concerts are also very expensive, like 50-100 €, do you have an idea of how much money do they earn from that? so the music itself gets money from different things, like concerts, radio, videos, gadgets and so on....

i'm not so lucky for concerts, maybe luckier than you, but of course less fortuate than people that live in the north of europe, like germany for example.
some groups usually don't tour here, even if they are european.

Then I'll fell better by thinking that I feel a bigger rush than you in international concerts :p.....and with a good latino public!

Im probably going to see Stratovarius in danmark in febraury (hope that bork or vintersorg do some gigs around those dates :( ) and Im afraid the people will be too quiet and passive haha, no offense right :p. But here in Costa Rica and Latin America we really go crazy...

I believe that for medium bands like...Amon Amarth, Hatebreed, etc, they do get money from tours also, actually I think thats theyre biggest income, or at least a really big one because for a single gig in a southamerican your they charge from 15000$ to 25000$ and a band like amon amarth plays around 12 gigs so...its good money, and transportation is paid separatley by the producer and the tour manager so :p...its all of them and the manager.

By the way, if Mr V has a day job....how does he still manage to do all that work :S Im starting to believe he has a short-haired twin who does part of the work. dont believe thoes stories about new looks!

By the way, if Mr V has a day job....how does he still manage to do all that work :S Im starting to believe he has a short-haired twin who does part of the work. dont believe thoes stories about new looks!

we are all wondering the same thing, how is he able to manage work, study, family and thousands of new side-projects? probably his day must count 48 hours intead of 24! :)

:lol::lol:

he's simply a genius ! :worship: or maybe he sleeps 2 hours a day o_O or both...
Anyway, if swedish educational system is anything alike the dutch one, he probably isn't as busy as one might think... :p Here teachers have a week vacation every 2 months or so, and 2 months long at least in the summer. At my college the teachers were there like max. 4 hours a day, in the afternoon it was almost impossible to catch anybody :S

i don't know what swedish educational system is like and if Andreas already has a job or is still studying, but i would think working as a teacher gives you much more flexible time schedules and free time, than say an office job... :rolleyes:

BTW, Amon Amarth has really tons of merch!! :rolleyes: and it's all very beautiful! i know people which are no fans of them but they still buy AA sweaters, shirts and bags simply because they like the design! So i'm almost sure they earn a very big deal on their merch only!