Fistful of Metal or Kill em' All?

kill em all wins for me. i liked fistful but, it didn't grab me like metallica's debut. when the armed and dangerous e.p. came out is when i started to really dig anthrax and then STD lifted them to another level. metallica will always hold great memories for me. they were the first band that really got me into heavier american stuff. i already was into venom and motorhead and, a lot of punk and NWOBHM.

Easily Fistful!

Wee Dan's best solos, Lilker is on it, Turbin is on it and he's immeasurably better than either of the hacks they got in after him and I'm Eighteen is my favourite Anthrax cover.

Kill 'em All: don't like Johnny Z's production, Kirk/Dave's solos, James voice or Cliff (I don't like Cliff in general). Lars' drumming, obviously, doesn't need to be mentioned.

I prefer the riffery on Fistful too.

jpike said:
Kill em' All is way better than Fistfull and anything Metallica has done since then! Neil Turbin is horrible.

Why people keep saying that is beyond me mainly for these two reasons:

1) He can actually hit high notes

and

2) He sounds like Paul Stanley

In many ways he's the original Matt Barlow, Paul Stanley can hit higher notes than anyone though which is amazing.

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Why people keep saying that is beyond me mainly for these two reasons:

1) He can actually hit high notes

and

2) He sounds like Paul Stanley

In many ways he's the original Matt Barlow, Paul Stanley can hit higher notes than anyone though which is amazing.
He sounds like Paul Stanley??? That's not a good thing.:D

i think you mean dressed to kill through destroyer because dressed to kill to detroit rock city is only one album and the first song on the next.
thank god for gene simmons or else behemoth would have looked like 4 paul stanleys . ohh not so scarey

Actually now that I think about it more. I think they're tied. I mean "I'm Eighteen" is the best Anthrax cover and Deathrider and MTM kick ass, but KEA does have a lot of good songs.

in my opinion, 80's metallica was better than 80's anthrax. How some people say that after kill em all metallica was shit i dont get. i mean the songs on kill em were fucking amazing....whiplash, ro remorse, seek and destroy, am i evil....i could listen to it beginning to end three times in a row and not get tired of it. But in my opinion i think metallica's best album was And justice for All. 8 minute songs that kicked ass, there was no stop in that album at all. I will always like anthrax but to me, metallica will always be ahead of them.....but saying that, 90's anthrax is alot better than 90's metallica, including the black album which i didnt really get into.

Kill Em All is way better. However, Bush singing Metal Thrashing Mad and Death rider are better then both of those albums. IMO

Frankieebotz said:
Kill Em All is way better. However, Bush singing Metal Thrashing Mad and Death rider are better then both of those albums. IMO

Yeah, I have to agree with ya there. Compare any of Metallica's pre-Black albums to Anthrax's pre-SOWN and Metallica wins hands down in my opinion, Among is the only album that comes close to giving any of Metallica's albums a run for it's money, but if I had my choice between Puppets and Among, I would most likely grab Puppets first. And I don't think anyone can argue that all the Bush era albums kick the shit out of anything Metallica did after Justice.