Fizzy guitars...frequencies?

Yeah, but the Engl is even bigger and has front-mounted speakers (which I don't like the sound of under a mic as much as rear-mounted, which is what Mesa, Marshall, Vader, Bogner, Laney, Orange, etc. use) - get the Mesa dude, it's cheaper AND has been used on way more albums with awesome tones, no contest! :) And I'd totally say ditch the Vader, cuz while it may rule live, Mesa cabs are no slouches on stage either ;)

Don't tell me that :( Did you get a chance to compare it to an Engl XXL? From what I can tell, that seems to be Engl's version of the Recto OS...oversized cab with V30s, enhanced bottom end.

The EnglXXL is pissing all over the Mesa IMHO. We had them next to each other and the difference is well worth the money, again IMHO. We did some testing of different cabs with V30's (brand new) and was planning on doing impulses only, and return the cabs afterwards, but I had to buy the EnglXXL. :D

Don't want to carry it around though...

Generally speaking, how do you guys distinguish between "fizz"es from "sizzle"s from various amps? I know there are a lot of factors ranging from cabinets, to room, to mic placements. And to a certain point, it might even be relative to the engineer's ears, but is there some sort of an outline one should listen for to distinguish between the two?

Sizzle is a little lower in the frequency range, I think, and more importantly sounds more pleasing :)

As Metaltastic said.
Sizzle is about 1kh-5khz, and fizz is above that.

As Metaltastic said.
Sizzle is about 1kh-5khz, and fizz is above that.

Hmm, that's a pretty wide range dude, gotta disagree - 1k is "stuffiness" to me, 2k is nasally, presence/"bite" is 4-5k, and sizzle I'd say is a bit above but beneath "fizz" (though naturally it's hard to say exactly depending on the amp, and your very right about the arbitrary terms Ermin :lol: )

I personally would wonder if the issues you list as problems are the cab.

I've heard Vader 4x12's and have never been impressed. IIRC, they use Eminence Legends, which under a mic I've never dug them at all...Fizzy and thin to my ears. I don't really dig Eminence speakers in general, at least the ones I've heard, which truly may only be Legends. If I didn't dig the Vader 4x12's, I'd think the problems would be the same if not worse in a smaller 2x12 Vader enclosure.

Hmm, that's a pretty wide range dude, gotta disagree - 1k is "stuffiness" to me, 2k is nasally, presence/"bite" is 4-5k, and sizzle I'd say is a bit above but beneath "fizz" (though naturally it's hard to say exactly depending on the amp, and your very right about the arbitrary terms Ermin :lol: )

I think that where the sizzle is relies entirely on the amp, and might be between those ranges.
But as you guys said, its arbitrary terms. ;P

I personally would wonder if the issues you list as problems are the cab.

I've heard Vader 4x12's and have never been impressed. IIRC, they use Eminence Legends, which under a mic I've never dug them at all...Fizzy and thin to my ears. I don't really dig Eminence speakers in general, at least the ones I've heard, which truly may only be Legends. If I didn't dig the Vader 4x12's, I'd think the problems would be the same if not worse in a smaller 2x12 Vader enclosure.

I think you're right on with this. I was initially attracted to the "extreme metal" sales point of the cabinet....and it does do what it claims! It has MOUNTAINS of headroom and can handle unimaginable quantities of bass and volume. But the microphone heard differently than our ears, especially at lower volumes. The Vader is mean to be driven very hard and loud, and that ain't happening in my current situation. I may have to make do with the line out of the Savage with good impulses...so far its sounding pretty good.