y First Reamping = Muddy and fizzy (need suggestions)

lelahel

Jan 7, 2008
Algiers, Algeria
www.facebook.com
here is my first reamp:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29226335/tonebass12349999999.mp3
the tone is muddy and fizzy and don't feet at all to the genre
so i tried to work on the mic placement and the amp settings, but without results!
the mudiness is still here !
the gear is : ltd mh400(emg81) with baritone d'addario strings 62-13 tuned in B +ts9 + krank rev+1 + weber mass + marshall 1936 v30

the DI tracks were recorded with a behringer ULTRA DI 100

so what you suggest me to do?
1- work again on the amp settings and mic placement
2- re record the DI tracks with a better quality DI (I recently buyed a radial j48)
3- change the strings gauge for example 52-11
4- change the tunning for a higher one and re record all the stuffs (bass, all guitars)

others suggestions are welcome

not bad! give that tone a good high pass though so that none of the lows are getting out of control. i would cut a little out of 4k as well. or a little more if you have already done so

The guitars sound like a vintage metal tone. Wouldn't call it modern but it doesn't always have to be modern. Trust me, the problem in this clip is not the guitar. The drums/vocals could need some re-recording. :D Umm... guitars don't sound full. You are concentrating on both LOW end and HIGH end but not the MIDDLE area which is the most important thing in guitar tones. Overall I think the guitar tone is ok. A bit dry but that's a good thing IMO. Something different for a change. :)

They don't NEED to be re-recorded. Jokes don't come across well through text. Personally I'm not a fan of that type of vocals but that's just my taste issue... not your problem. Drums are a lot better now but there are some mistakes.

i identified the problem
it is coming from the output DI track
the sound have an attenuated gain, i compared it with the direct guitar plugged in the amp!
(i have a motu mk2usb i'll continue the topic in equipement section)
thanks