Which DI and Reamper combination would be best for me? ...and are you selling it? :O

Mesa4x12er

Jan 5, 2008
Already searched and didn't find the specifics I was looking for. Other's looked promising but clips are no longer working. :Smug:

I had an X-Amp for a good while but hardly ever used it and used my Chandler TG2's DI for any DI guitars in the past. The X-AMP was ok but I never was able to get a decent replication of my sound when reamping with it. I could get good sounds but it did not really sound at all like when I was actually playing it. The TG2 DI is great for some instruments but I feel like it adds too much color and body to the DI even when I turn the Input gain down. The X-Amp has been gone for a while but I want to start recording DIs for all tracks so I don't end up limited during mixing when I decide I wish I had done guitars with a bit dif mic placement/settings/amp etc.

I personally only use passive pickups so I'd like both to be optimized for this but I'd rather it not suck with actives either. I'm looking to buy these ASAP or I wouldn't bug you fine gentlemans with a question that gets thrown around a lot. Also if you are in the U.S. and are looking to sell a DI and/or reamper that's fits what I'm looking for and want to let it go for a good price let me know.

Price range doesn't matter. I'm obviously not gonna drop $1000 on these but I'm willing to spend what I need to to get what I am looking for the first time. Thanks guys! :kickass:

By 'my sound' I mean the sound I get when I'm actually using my guitar is completely different than the sound I get after reamping. Again it's not necessarily bad sounds I am getting but they are off enough that if I didn't know better I would think it was a completely different guitar. Obviously reamping never sounds exactly the same but it was enough for me to sell it.