Which DI box to record bass and guitars?

BitchSlap

New Metal Member
Feb 7, 2006
Hi everybody,
I'd like to know which DI units you guys would recommend to record bass and guitars to be reamped later on ? Which ones are "pro-recommended" ?
What do you guys think about the "DI output" on the bass POD ?
And with a DI box, do you plug it straight into the soundcard input ?
What are some of the recommendations of use to get the best possible results for a mixing engineer to reamp later on?
I made a research but haven't found the answer
Thanks

I believe James uses the Radial JDVMKIII. I've been using it recently and like it alot...

Steve

I know about the bass pod xt pro....

The svt modle rocks, i also take a the di to tape cos it's pretty darn good and the re-amp channall works just fine :)

I would be very happy to recive three chanels from a pod xt pro

yo, C.

I use eaither the HI-z on my Grace 101 or my Great River MP2NV. The Grace is clean and ver true to the source. The Great River can be dialed in for a multitude of sounds.

Thanks for your answer. What should I use to record DI while at the same time feeding an amp to record that as well ?

When pondering this same question a while ago, I got myself a Tech21 SansAmp RB1 off ebay, and have since used it on every project. It's got a lot of input and output options, and there's also a knob that when set to one extreme is purely a DI signal, and when set to the other extreme is a purely SansAmp-ed signal. I've never had any trouble dialing in an appropriate tone.