Problems with DI box getting fuzzy noise.

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
Well guys not that long ago I purchased a DI box so that i can start reamping but till now im trying to figure this out.

Well heres my issue Im using OSP Direct-one reamp box
db01_lg.jpg

Im using this to split the signal ei. one that goes to miced amp and the other goes to my firepod so it can be the DI.

But when I do that my amp make an unnecessary fuzzy sound.. Any clues why this is happening... also if I push in the ground lift button the noise gets louder!

and the only way to make the noise go away is if it move the button in the DI ReampBox to -40db but that only cause my DI take to be very low.

So my question is... How can I avoid getting unnecessary fuzz by amp... or better yet what the most efficient way of splitting the guitar to go to amp and DI?
Em i doing something wrong?

Heres a visual pic of my reamp box
HPIM2075.jpg

Heres how i plug everything
Hi-Z In:Guitar
Hi-Z Out: Goes to miced amp.
Lo-Z Out:[red Cable] Goes to Channel one in Firepod to be the DI track

tbh I think that the problem lies within the DI itself, after all it is a fairly cheap DI.

first thing I would do though is check all my cables. A bad cable could easily do it. Also check to make sure your unbalanced lines aren't next to anything emitting a signal (other cables, gear, radio, etc.) cause they pick up noise easily.

hmm yea i tried moving cables and all that but its there's still like fuzzy sound and when i use distortion in amp the fuzzy sound gets louder.

hmm i tried a different approach right now to split signal.. i used my Metal master pedal to split the guitar signal. I used the "Mixer" output to connect to firepod but as soon as all 3 cables are in pedal that fuzz sound comes back... could this be because im using nothing but unbalanced 1/4 cables?