Reamping with firepod??? Confuse??

xmortumx

Jun 17, 2008
Okay well i been reading about reamping... but i had a few questions.

Im recording a band on Saturday and i was thinking of having them DI the guitars but im not sure if this will work.

Okay so is it possible...

I want to have the guitar signal to go to my Daw(Cubase) first then send that signal to their guitar amp.. but i want to keep the dry guitar DI in my daw so i will be able to mix DI(amplitube) along their amp sound.
Guitar>Firepod-in>Daw(cubase)>Firepod out>Amp

but will there be some sort of latency im the guitar signal will go first to daw then to amp that will be miced?

Correct me if im wrong or anything....

Also at what level should the DI be recorded at?

Guitar>Firepod-in>Daw(cubase)>Firepod out>Reamping box>Amp

What do you mean reamping box?

I cant just run an unbalanced cable from firepod out to the amps in?
**Sorry if i sound like a noob but never tried reamping.**:zombie:

yeah i think i better think of somthing else just saw the prices for theses reamp-boxes and there not cheap lol

anyways thanks for help

well that is kinda cheap but i i rather use those 100 bucks in a behringer BCF2000.

I guess i can track 2 takes. one for DI, and another for the amp, meanwhile i get money to buy a reampbox.

Or get a cheap DI box (Samson S-Direct, Tapco DB-1A), which will have both an XLR output for the clean guitar signal to go into a Firepod pre-amp as well as an instrument thru output to go to the amp input!

Or you can make a reamp box like I'm doing for about $40 bucks. Works fine so far, I just have to replace the metal trs jack with a plastic one to eliminate the ground noise (facepalm). I've done a few tests plugging my guitar straight into one of the instrument inputs on my firepod, then ran a balanced 1/4 cable from the preamp out of the input I'm using for the guitar, to my D.I.Y. reamp box (with the jack hanging out of the case so it doesnt touch it and ground out) to my amp, and theres no latency (the preamp out acts like an effects send before hitting the converters), and i can record both the DI and the amp seperately this way. I'm waiting for that plastic trs jack to come in before I do any serious tests though.

$50 DIY Reamp box

I think poidoabi on this forum has reamped without a reamp box using a FireStudio, which should work the same as the Firepod in this app.

He also did it using a Lexicon Lambda or Alpha or whatever they are called without a reamp box, IIRC.

I think poidoabi on this forum has reamped without a reamp box using a FireStudio, which should work the same as the Firepod in this app.

He also did it using a Lexicon Lambda or Alpha or whatever they are called without a reamp box, IIRC.

So he just ran an unbalanced trs cable form the Firestudio output to the amp??