Anyone reamped with a Firepod?

MarcusD777

Dec 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck reamping a clean direct guitar signal from a DAW to a Firepod out to an amp miced up?? I know a reamp box is essentially a reverse DI box but is it possible to go out of ch 1 or 2 outs on the firepod directly to the amp?? anytime ive used a reamp box its just added unnecessary noise to the signal...

ive reamped using firepod. . got excellent results as far as im concerned. the noise you are mentioning could be resolved with the ground lift.
i was initially surprised how good reamping sounds, initially i was skeptical of the concept

The outputs you are talking about are line outputs. The firepod has no instrument outs, which is what you need.

I tried it before I knew anything about reamping, and all it did was add a ton of noise and generally not sound good. Gotta get your impedance levels right with the reamp box.

Yea i wasn't sure if the outs of ch 1 + 2 were instrument level when using the inputs of 1 + 2 as a DI/instrument level input on the Firepod... Thanks for the replies Ill have to pick up a reamp box then...

Yea i wasn't sure if the outs of ch 1 + 2 were instrument level when using the inputs of 1 + 2 as a DI/instrument level input on the Firepod...

That would be great, but unfortunately they are not.

...anytime ive used a reamp box its just added unnecessary noise to the signal...

I use an X-amp with the Firepod and don't have any noise issues, etc... FWIW.