Reamping - Direct signal into Firepod??

MarcusD777

Dec 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I'm going to be tracking some guitars direct tomorrow to be later reamped in a nice studio... I was just wondering if anyone has recorded a direct signal straight from the guitar into ch 1 or 2 (1/4" TS) on a Firepod? I know those 2 channels go from a mic preamplifier to an active instrument preamplifer when plugged into the 1/4" jack... Im just looking for the cleanest direct signal I can have without running though a Pod first then into my Firepod... Also can you monitor in realtime with Amplitube 2 so the guitarist can hear a distorted signal whil he is playing even though its just recording the direct signal?? Any suggestions?? Thanks...

Because the signal direct from the guitar is Hi-Z you will want to go into jack one or two if you use a 1/4" connector. Otherwise, if you come from a DI, just XLR on any channel is fine.

I tracked some guitar the other day and caught all these signals at once on my firepod:

1) Guitar DI
2) Mic Amp
3) Amp Direct

yeah, the firepods instrument inputs are cool! very nice feature on it!
been playin with the little labs redeye for a while and I like that as a DI a bit better (more clarity)

it's neglectable, really.. I once posted a shootout between the two here, but I can't find it anymore; there were no drastic changes really, just use your firepod input.. sounds great!

How the balls do I monitor using a distorted signal in realtime with Amplitube 2 while recording a clean direct out into my firepod?? Im running Audition 3.0 and couldn't get any monitoring in realtime going on with amplitube today... Quite frustrating....

Also I was running a hot pickup (i believe it was a 500 t gibson pickup from a Custom Gibson Les Paul) direct into jack 1 and or 2 into the Firepod and it seemed almost compressed and or clipped (the top peaks) visually to an extent... It sounded fine while monitoring the direct clean signal but when listening back to the recorded signal it had a lil bit of grit on the more palm mutey heavier parts... It wasnt clipping in the firepod pres or in audition but like I said the waveform wasn't very dynamic and only peaking at about - 6db or so... Anyone run into that problem running hot pickups direct into a Firepod before?? I don't want to run into any problems when I go to reamp the direct signals next weekend...

about the monitoring; download a plugin called VSThost, it'll solve your problems. about the pickup: I have no idea, sorry.