Problem reamping with Redeye + Firepod

Did you disable the Pad? And are you outputting to the Redeye from a mono track? Cuz I and many others have had no trouble getting identical tones when re-amping with it!

Yes, a mono track (panned all the way to the left).

I'm not doubting the results of others. I'm probably doing something wrong on my end but can't figure it out!

Yeah, you'd know if you got the pad, cuz it's a button that makes a noticeable "click" when actuated - there's nothing to worry about with opening it, though, cuz everything is mounted on a PCB that slides right out (just makes sure you're ready for it so it doesn't land on the floor; I figured that out the hard way, but at least I have a thick carpet! :erk: ). And the thing to realize is that since it's a passive box, it's not like disengaging the pad adds any gain; rather, it just stops it from being attenuated at all, and all the re-amping I do is with the pad disengaged, and I usually have to have the amp gain slightly higher than with my guitar going straight in.

Yeah, good point - here's a link to some DI's that I know were recorded right (cuz I recorded them :D) - give them a try!

I tried a small allen wrench (instead of opening the Redeye) to adjust the pad and that seemed to do the trick.

It seems strange that the manual says that it's rare to have to adjust it out.

I'm going to try it out for a few more days before deciding to keep it or ditch it.

Anyway, thanks for all of the help everyone!

Yeah, I dunno why the manual says that, but I know when I was doing research before I bought mine this summer, I came across tons of stories and threads about people complaining about low output levels until they disengaged the pad - also, in my re-amper shootout, the Redeye at max level (with the pad OUT) had pretty much exactly the same amount of output as the Cuniberti Reamp (also passive) at max level, so that was pretty much the final indicator to me that out is the way to go!