Flashback Albums

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Do any CDs make you flashback to a time when your life was good, bad, better, worse, etc. and you get completely nostalgic?

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

I haven't listened to this in years and I brought it to work with me today, I feel like I'm 16 again. No job, no bills, no girlfriend, no worries, just hours and hours and hours of time to listen to music.

How about yours? If this thread has been done before, I apologize, but if you took the time to read it you should take the time to respond (again). :D

well, when im 30 or so i hope to be able to look back at Opeth and think the same, but when i listen to some of the old Offspring stuff i do feel like im about 9 or 10, in primary school.... ahh care free days...

Cold - 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage

Reminds me of my friend who died in the summer of 2001. He had let me borrow it a few months before, and we both had the same favorite song on it. I don't listen to it much, but it's not a happy listen whenever I do.

NAD said:
Do any CDs make you flashback to a time when your life was good, bad, better, worse, etc. and you get completely nostalgic?

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

I haven't listened to this in years and I brought it to work with me today, I feel like I'm 16 again. No job, no bills, no girlfriend, no worries, just hours and hours and hours of time to listen to music.

How about yours? If this thread has been done before, I apologize, but if you took the time to read it you should take the time to respond (again). :D

That is so weird, I will put in some old music, and if I close my eyes, I could swear that I WAS in that specific place. Fascinating...

I have a few of those as well...

Emperor - Prometheus (night, winter, snow, bike, on my way from school, depression)

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors (spring, things looking good for once.. bright green leaves on the trees.. feeling reborn, sorta)

Dark Tranquillity - Projector (night, winter, vacation, indoors)

Opeth - Blackwater Park (winter, skiing... we enter winter once again \m/)

Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond (on vacation in Norway, by car, seeing fjords)

Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast (vacation in Germany/Switzerland)

Arcturus - La Masquerade Infernale (summer, friends, g/f ..got it a week before I went out with her the first time.. listened to it while walking home from her (after walking her home)...took like an hour, but I was walking on clouds so it didn't matter.. I still remember EXACTLY how I felt... warm summer night, Ad Astra.. just had the best goodnight-kiss of my life...in love.. I owned the world... seriously, I did :)

(actually, I have The Chaos Path to thank for giving me the guts to ask her out.. it's true =).. I had that song on my mind.. "Await the coming storm"... I thought "Well, ok then, here goes".. a feeling of "Haha, let's see how this works out! What's the worst that could happen?"..that song really changed me.. since that day I've been able to act more on impulse.. I should write a thank-you-letter to Garm&co, hehe!)

those are the ones coming to mind right now.. needless to say, Arcturus owns me from the moment I press play!

Reactions: ggggggu
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings.

I bought it the day before my father commited suicide, so it brings back some really painful memories......

cry.gif

Carcass - Heartwork: Being happy in America
Opeth - Blackwater Park: Being happy in Spain
Taproot - Gift: Don't listen to it now, but when I did I was very depressed.

Death- Symbolic: 1995-being young with no cares. All my problems I thought I had were so inconsequential

Type O Negative- October Rust- reminds me of fall and winter on the East coast, before I moved to California. Makes me feel great, yet sad. THose times will never come back.

Morbid Angel- Domination: being a young pissed off fucker

Dismember- Death metal: what I was listening to in '98 when my parents told me we were coming to CA

Fear Factory- Soul of A new Machine: 94, the first real metal album I ever bought....

Manic Street Preachers - This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours (summer nights 2000)
Entwine - Gone (winter 2000-2001.. playing guitar..)
The 69 Eyes - Blessed Be.. (same as above)
HIM - Razorblade Romance :)eek::oops: summer nights 2001)