The "I fucking hate flying" mix CD-R

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Over 20 hours of music to cover 12 hours of flying. I used some Atrac thingy that works like mp3 but I think with higher compression so all these albums are on one CD-R, which is pretty cool.

Ulver - Bergtatt
Agalloch - Pale Folklore
NIN - The Downward Spiral
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Kayo Dot - Choirs of the Eye
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Morgion - Cloaked by Ages, Crowned in Earth
Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields
Alice in Chains - Unplugged
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Candlemass - Nightfall
Kyuss - Blues for the Red Sun
Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley
Helmet - Meantime
Monster Magnet - Dopes to Infinity
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Hate Forest - Battlefields
Sepultura - Arise
Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil
Radiohead - Kid A
Future Sound Of London - Lifeforms
Ulver - Svidd Neger Soundtrack

hehe ... the Nadster is flying east :D

some of that shit is some really depressing shit to listen to on a flight.

my list would be:

Motley Crue
Van Halen
Poison
Ratt

you get the idea ...:D :loco:

lurch70 said:
some of that shit is some really depressing shit to listen to on a flight.
Heh, I was going for relaxing / introspective (Kayo Dot, NIN, Pink Floyd), tranquil yet keeping me awake (Agalloch, Ulver, Empyrium), and then of course I-needs-to-feels-happy-because-flying-BLOWS (Monster Magnet, Kyuss, Helmet). Stuff like that Radiohead and Morgion can be depressing, but honestly they relax me more than anything else. Mithras will probably freak me about at 10,000 feet. :loco:

Shit I should've put White Zombie - Astrocreep on there, dammit.

If I meet his highness when here ... will make sure to post some pics ... you can bet your ass on that.

hey, Nad ... next Saturday ... us MINI freaks are having an early morning outing across the river in NJ, checking out all the spots where they film the Sopranos ... you know, the Bada Bing, Pizza place ... all that shit... not sure if you watch the show.

Will PM you with my # if you want to tag along.

NicodemiX said:
I think NAD's vacation needs to be documented and posted here.
Day one: went to a museum. Day two: went to a museum, drove to Boston to see Kayo Dot and / or somewhere in NYC to see Les Claypool. Day three: went wandering to buy some crap, got drunk with lurch and JayKeeley, called several ex-girlfriends at 5am which is only 2am for them. Day four: slept, put Kid A on loop until batteries died. Day five: went to a museum, panicked, got back on plane, smoked a pack and a half on the way home from LAX.

EDIT: Day three, got skooled in MINI style. :loco:

Mithras will probably freak me about at 10,000 feet.
crusing altitude is actually 25,000 - 30,000 feet ... does that freak you out more? :loco:

wish you could post to the drunk thread when you are up there. booze is readily available on cross country flights o_O :D

SHIT yes that does. I just took a random guess at 10,000 feet. I HATE FLYING!!! Only have flown once, a round trip to Vegas which is like 40 minutes each way.

Ah fuckit I'm actually less nervous the closer I get.

Note my edit concerning the MINI run. :D

hehe ... flying rules ... i always think of the balls of steel a pilot has to bring that big fucking bird off the ground and that makes me have a big grin ... and all is cool.

actuall short range flights are worse, usually smaller planes, lower altitude ... all factors prone to more turbulance.

cross country flights are awesome ... if all is smooth you won't even feel like you are in the air

I have one stop each way, not even sure where. I'm flying an MD-80 on the way there and a 738 on the way back. I guess those are smaller planes? My friends were making fun of me the other night saying those are prop-planes. I told them they were going to feel horrible if I didn't make it back. :loco:

Whoa, did it supplant ÆNIMA for you? It is indeed incredible... but not that far for me. :D

lurch70 said:
hehe .. if you see the plane crop dusting you are in trouble.
:lol:

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds. shutup

MD-80 ...

Typical Cruise Speed (at 35,000 feet)

0.76 Mach
504 mph (811 km/h)

.... better wear tight underwear :D

Thank you Google images for encouraging me. 7th picture on a search for "MD-80."\

sas_md80.jpg

:ill:

Forgot the caption: An example of all passengers adopting a brace position before impact occured, and surviving the subsequent crash happened in 1991 when an SAS MD-80 lost both engines shortly after take-off. The aircraft ended up in three pieces, yet the majority of passengers literally walked away from the crash. Only seven were seriously injured and their all adopting a brace position was cited as a significant factor in the survival of all on board.

*wipes sweat from face*

One of my buddy's summed up the flying experience perfectly: "you take off, you have a drink, you freak out for 5 minutes halfway through, then you land."

Honestly I'm not all that nervous, I just know I have to keep my mind occupied while airborne, hence this massively long CD-R compilation with lots of buttons and folders to go through. :)

I love flying. I've clocked hundreds of thousands of miles, I've fucking been everywhere including Australia 3 times. When I was really young, we used to go on family holiday all the time, and I always remember not being able to sleep the night before because of all the excitement of going on the plane -- sometimes that was more exciting than the holiday itself.

Funny thing is, I have a fear of heights. :loco: But that only kicks in when I'm standing somewhere high up in the open, like a 12 foot ladder!

@NAD - remind me which hotel you're staying in.

@Doomcifer - how is that Ludicra?!