FMA 2009 gala

Oh, my mistake! Sorry. 2009 makes more sense anyway, hah.

And I didn't even notice. :lol:

Its true Alexi won again but those results in that link are from last year. This years winners were:
Band of the year: Insomnium
Record of the year: Insomnium
Vocalist of the year: Tomi Joutsen, Amorphis
Musician of the year: Alexi Laiho
Cover art of the year: Skyforger, Amorphis (Travis Smith)
New comer of the year: FM2000
Demo band of the year: Ghoul Patrol

FM2000 is a really good band. They have very unique style IMO.

Well, it's true that they have quite a unique style, but that band is one of the most horrible musical abominations I've ever heard :lol:

Minäminäminäminäminäminäsinäminäminäminäminäminä....

Makes me want to puke every time I hear that :lol:

And their other songs suck too :erk:

^^Well in Finland, Alexi doesnt really have to do anything anymore :D He has won the category of the best musician of the year in Soundi-magazines vote many times. I guess he just has got a lot of fans who vote for him.

Well, it's true that they have quite a unique style, but that band is one of the most horrible musical abominations I've ever heard :lol:

Minäminäminäminäminäminäsinäminäminäminäminäminä....

Makes me want to puke every time I hear that :lol:

And their other songs suck too :erk:

Well, my friends listen to FM2000 much more than I do. And I only like few songs that kick ass so much that it makes the band good IMO. For example Helvetin Harakka (though it would million times better if that song would be played with distortion) and Veli Slobokki (has very good melodies at the intro). And I know much more shittier bands than FM2000.

Best example of being shittier than FM2000 would be this. Unfortunately I saw this band last summer live :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Well in Finland, Alexi doesnt really have to do anything anymore :D He has won the category of the best musician of the year in Soundi-magazines vote many times. I guess he just has got a lot of fans who vote for him.

Well, as much as I like Alexi I have to say: this is lame.

Well, as much as I like Alexi I have to say: this is lame.

Well its not only Alexi, there are some finnish musicians (and along them bands) that are quite appreciated. So what comes to this kind of votings, depending on the category, its usually the same names in the top-5.