FN Microsoft...

Microsoft never sent me a box after several months, even though it was requested several times. Then i just went ahead and tried to fix it myself, turns out the thermal paste melted all over the cpu and there was a black square underneath the heat sink. The chip was fried, so I had to buy a new one.

Soy try this, this works temp.

Turn on the 360, wrap several towles around it, let it sit for 20-30 min. Unwrap towels, turn it on, and it will work.

it's not overheating; it's straight up fried...

something's wrong with the actual software...

yeah i had to look up my specific problem but basically what happened was more and more often, i would get weird lockups with infinite sound loops and weird icons on the screen (literally, like the green lines of code from the matrix), and i researched it when i finally got four RROD. basically, something about the onboard ROMs got fried or mixed up or something, and M$ says it warrents a free repair... soooooo...

You would think microsoft would make a more reliable system, but people just keep buying them. I have still yet to have a problem with my Playstation 3, it's a solid console but I rarley use it, except for blu-ray.

My 1st 360 *yes the 1st one i had* lasted a year and yes, it was one of the 1st batches. Then like i said, the chip just fucked itself over. So then i purchased a new one before i moved back to Wyoming. So far so good. I've been taking extra care of it. I bought the intercooler, i turn it off when it's not being used, if it gets to warm (which i can tell from the air thats blown out from the intercooler) i'll let it rest for a little bit. Also i have canned air that i'll use to make sure it's clean. I do not want to purchase another one at all, but knowing me and how I am with games, if it failed i would probably buy a new one anyway.