Folk covers of Amon Amarth and Arsis

gomgabbar

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2015
I wanted to let you all know about my newest tribute project. I decided to create folk arrangements of my favorite death metal songs/artists. It’s called:

Guardians of Acoustigaard – A Celebration of Folk

By Annex Texas

and it's on https://annextexas.bandcamp.com/

Track List:
1) Twilight of the Thunder God (by Amon Amarth)
2) Battle Hymn (by Annex Texas)
3) Guardians of Asgaard (by Amon Amarth)
4) The Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters (by Arsis)

I’m posting this for two reasons. I’ll admit there is an element of shameless self promotion; I want people to hear this. However, a big part of this is coming from my desire to reach out to the artists who inspired me to make this. If Amon Amarth or Arsis has any problem with me uploading my covers of their songs, I would remove the songs if asked. That being said, I think it would be neat if they heard my folk versions of their songs. I thought it would be quite a challenge to arrange death metal songs in a folk style. It was more rewarding than it was challenging and I’m pretty happy with the results. I hope that anyone who finds this will listen and enjoy for themselves. Let me know what you think.

As of this moment, the songs are unavailable for download. If it’s alright with the original songwriters/band/label whatever, I will make these songs available for download.

THank you for sharing and nice work. This is also good way for all to enjoy the lyrics.

I wanted to let you all know about my newest tribute project. I decided to create folk arrangements of my favorite death metal songs/artists. It’s called:

Guardians of Acoustigaard – A Celebration of Folk

By Annex Texas

and it's on https://annextexas.bandcamp.com/

Track List:
1) Twilight of the Thunder God (by Amon Amarth)
2) Battle Hymn (by Annex Texas)
3) Guardians of Asgaard (by Amon Amarth)
4) The Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters (by Arsis)

I’m posting this for two reasons. I’ll admit there is an element of shameless self promotion; I want people to hear this. However, a big part of this is coming from my desire to reach out to the artists who inspired me to make this. If Amon Amarth or Arsis has any problem with me uploading my covers of their songs, I would remove the songs if asked. That being said, I think it would be neat if they heard my folk versions of their songs. I thought it would be quite a challenge to arrange death metal songs in a folk style. It was more rewarding than it was challenging and I’m pretty happy with the results. I hope that anyone who finds this will listen and enjoy for themselves. Let me know what you think.

As of this moment, the songs are unavailable for download. If it’s alright with the original songwriters/band/label whatever, I will make these songs available for download.

Excellent versions :D love them