Folk-music

*bump* >:eek:)

Bringing this thread back for a couple of bands...

Blackspirit said:
Since Futhark hasn't done it yet, I will -->
www.glittertind.cjb.net

This is Futhark's one man project and I think
it's pretty damn good, so you should all check
it out! :eek:)

Glittertind (our old buddy Futhark's band) has a new album
out, it's been reviewed in the latest Scream magazine (4/6)!
I have yet to hear it, but I know I will :eek:)
New link: http://www.glittertind.net/

And the new Ásmegin album rules! It's a _great_ combination
of extreme metal and folk! I love it!

Lumsk have a new album out very SOON! I'm definitely
getting it! >:eek:)

What else is up in the world of folk music?

Thanks for your post here and in my guestbook Blackspirit :)
I got very good critics in Scream, more than I had hoped for so that was very pleasing... I'm currently working with an EP/demo. I hope that the demo will give me a contract with good distrubution.. We'll see.. ;-)
Cheers!

Futhark said:
Thanks for your post here and in my guestbook Blackspirit :)
I got very good critics in Scream, more than I had hoped for so that was very pleasing... I'm currently working with an EP/demo. I hope that the demo will give me a contract with good distrubution.. We'll see.. ;-)
Cheers!

Haha! Cool! >:eek:)

I downloaded your mp3s and I have to say you have a really
punky sound >:eek:) \,,/

But seriously, it was such a shock to read that review in Scream.
I was like "Glittertind....? GLITTERTIND?!?!?!?!?!?!?" hehe :eek:P

I have to stay more updated!

Anyways, good to see you here again :eek:)

Fleischwolf said:
@ymir: stille folk is a french band doing folklore from the pyrenees!

P.S: empyrium is great!:) :D :) :D

It s not Sille Folk, but Stille Volk :p and yeah it s a good folk/traditional band, they just record a new album this year, but i forgot the name :erk: , but check out the website of their label : Holy Records.
There are quite no electric -guitars in their music, but it sound good and pagan.

Another french band that u can check : Aes Dana, a Black/Pagan/celtic metal band that uses traditional instruments. We've got a little scene in france with this kind of bands : Belenos, BranBarr, etc...

If u want some celtic french artists, got see on side of Dan Ar Braz, Allan Stivel...
(absolutly not metal !)

More internationaly, u can check (absolutly not metal but very good too !) some old Dead Can Dance, Loreena Mc Kennit, or Lisa Gerrad (the femal vocalist of dead can dance).

If u like medial/Symphonic things, try Automn Tears...

Have a good search, maybe u wil find something interesting....

EdgeCrusher77 said:
It s not Sille Folk, but Stille Volk :p and yeah it s a good folk/traditional band, they just record a new album this year, but i forgot the name :erk: , but check out the website of their label : Holy Records.

Stille Volk - Maudat. Also available from The End Records for those in north america. Well, those accross the oceans can also order, but shipping prices go much higher...

cddisc.gif
Primal Fear -- Nuclear Fire -- Bleed For Me
/* random quote */
let the rabbits wear glasses

Ásmegen is also a good folk-metal band, tho they blend alot of black-metal in most of their songs, some of their songs are just beautiful! , sung in norweigan (as a swede..i must say i cant understand a word :p). if your a fan of the first albums of Vintersorg, i think you will like Ásmegen.

//Rei..