Foo Fighters performing the whole new album live in the studio

3 guitarists now?

Can't really dig the intro "riff" or much about the guitar tones. I really prefer 'The Color and the Shape' over most of their new stuff.

Is that Daves basement studio?

3 guitarists now?

Can't really dig the intro "riff" or much about the guitar tones. I really prefer 'The Color and the Shape' over most of their new stuff.

Is that Daves basement studio?

Studio 606, their LA studio.

Gotta say, this albums grown on me. Much better than their previous 2 efforts, and they are such an amazing live band as you can hear from this video.

I saw a really good performance from them on Letterman where they did a whole heap of songs. I think the sound is a little better as well. The new album is OK, it hasn't really grabbed me too much yet but i'm sure it will grow on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny, I thought I was the only metal guy with a huge boner for this band.

New album is OK. The first two songs are fantastic and there are good hooks all over the place but I feel like they're writing a lot of pop songs at this point. There are some parts that absolutely make me cringe.

The Color And The Shape has to be one of the most perfect rock albums I can think of, the mix and master are beautiful, even a good amount of dynamic range too

Also this album has been done on all analog environment. I don't love or hate them but this is an interesting work.

is that a speaker pointed to the kick drum? for like, the low end thing of the kick? awesome perfomance, sound and studio!

Yeah. Look up yamaha subkick if you want to know more about it. That's not a yamaha subkick (they were made in the "olden days" with ns-10 speakers) but it's the same idea (any speaker works, really).

Foo fighters is saying 'look, we can reproduce the cd exactly the same live'. It's really a kick in the face to many bands out there recording amazing cd's and playing shitty live shows.

'Record the same way you play', as it should be.

I'm definitely a fan of the foo fighters, but nothing from this album really grabs me like their older stuff. Still seems like a solid album and there are some good moments here and there.

Foo fighters is saying 'look, we can reproduce the cd exactly the same live'. It's really a kick in the face to many bands out there recording amazing cd's and playing shitty live shows.

'Record the same way you play', as it should be.

this is probably the most truthful post in the history of this forum.

+1

Just checked out the actual album version on iTunes.. this YouTube clip sounds so much better. Mix fits far better, if only it was stereo, but even in mono its a way better mix than the album IMO.