Footage from SA Members, playing SA tunes

Allfader

Kvelding
Mar 14, 2006
Near Mountains
Hi there!

I'm not sure if this was asked before, so my apologizes if I couldn't find the other thread/s about it.

I wonder if there are some live footage, being audio and/or video, drumcams or anything with recordings of playing/recording stuff, etc.

Asgeir already said that he has some drumcams for some show(s) somewhere - which I hope he can upload someday - but I'm especially interested for Lars' bass playing recorded in every way available.

It's not strange that many musicians records themselves playing some songs, I wonder if there's a chance in hell that this could happen? Even Erik Tiwaz did it for a Borknagar song and a Nile cover, which it was very unexpected.

I'm pretty confident that many many musicians would appreciate it.

Thanx in advance.

There's a chance in hell. For the time being making a video of my playing is pretty low on my priority list, though, but that may change - for instance by request like this.

cheers

I bet SA fans are looking forward to things like this,
For some bass players a video with Lars only playing SA tunes will be as valuable as having a new album or a live DVD by SA :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I dare suggest, an instructional video would be also so cool :rolleyes:

I bet SA fans are looking forward to things like this,
For some bass players a video with Lars only playing SA tunes will be as valuable as having a new album or a live DVD by SA :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I dare suggest, an instructional video would be also so cool :rolleyes:

For me at least it is! I've tried to learn some SA tunes on bass! while it's pretty audible, there are many passages very hard to play and sometimes discern on how to play them - just like drums and guitars indeed.

Thanx Lars! I'll be looking forward to it!

Hm, can't see that I committed myself to actually doing this... Although I do understand you guys, knowing what I actually do on ASU, I don't think it is that revolutionary nor hard... really. I'd rather prioritize a new album with some updated techniques, and then share these. After all - ASU was recorded like 13 years ago; I like to think that I've evolved since then.
Maybe I'll find time and inspiration to do it anyway, but then probably just in a small scale - just a couple of riffs that exemplifies my style (on ASU). But for the time being - I'll keep the request in mind.

For me at least it is! I've tried to learn some SA tunes on bass! while it's pretty audible, there are many passages very hard to play and sometimes discern on how to play them - just like drums and guitars indeed.

Thanx Lars! I'll be looking forward to it!

Yeah you've got to trust your ears and technique. Having a fretless 5 string bass helps as it was the instrument used on this recording.