Football question for Mikael, Peter, Martin M. and Martin L.

You seriously don't have a clue about the Oregon during harrington's time there. Harrington had both Onterio Smith Maurice Morris (BOTH RUSHED FOR over 1000 yards each that season - look it up ace) in his backfield and Sammie Parker at wideout (the 3 headed monster). The season they made it to #3 in the rankings was completely due to their running game - Coach Bellotii said so REAPEATEDLY after the season despite all the "Joey Heisman" BS campaign being waged by the deep pocketed boosters at the school. The ducks also had the NCAA top ranked red-zone defense that year. The TE was Justin Peelle. (Wrightster was the #2 TE) You're post is just hilarious in it's innaccuracy and obvious lack of knowledge. Also - Harrington's O-coordinator in Oregon was the one and only infamous Jeff Tedford..... Tutor of many other notable college studs who couldn't hack it as pros..... Many a pro analyst has pointed out that Tedford's college system is unbelievably QB friendly in that it requires his guy to make very few decisions - usually only 2 options on every snap. Every one of his QB's have struggled mightily once they entered the NFL producing some of the most notable busts in recent memory.... Akili Smith being the latest.

Don't even bother attempting to argue football with me, especially concerning the Lions or their players. I know 'em way to well. Been following them since Billy Simms was in the backfield and haven't missed a game in over 11 years. Harrington just doesn't have it. When you have to surround a guy with 3 top 10 picks at WR to make him "servicable" you know you have a problem. Teams were playing 8 men in the box for the past 3 seasons focusing on stopping the run against us because they knew Harrington didn't have the nutsack to challenge them deep - have you seen a single freaking game? The second half of last season Kevin Jones showed that we can now run against a stacked box so don't expect that to change - Harrington had better suck it up and stop throwing checkdowns to avoid any hint of pressure and start throwing downfield to his STELLAR WR cast or his ass will be out of town along with his 38 million dollars banked over the past 4 years.

Get the hell out of my thread little girl :wave:

Gunhaver said:
lol @ this post. harrington was an incredible prospect at oregon. qb friendly system? he's running a west coast offense, not much different than what he's got going on with mariucci. they didn't have two 1000 yard rushers and their defense was actually terrible. great tight end? who? george wrightster, a backup in jacksonville now? lol, at least use facts with your arguments. he got better last yaer and has looked good in preseason and in practice. throw in mike williams, the best WR in the draft to an already deep receiving corps, along with kevin jones at RB and you got a pro bowl QB

soccer blows

Gunhaver said:
lol. he's not even the best runningback on the fucking eagles

Holy crap............ Are you really that freaking clueless?

Westrbrook will combine for 1700 total yards this year. Bet on it. He's every WCO o-coordinator's dream. He's almost more important to that offense than Mcnabb. Hell, put Mike McMahon in there at QB (the guy who SHOULD be the starter in Detroit right now if not for Joey freaking Harrington's contract) and their offense will hum along just like usual.

Westbrook is the closest thing right now to what Barry Sanders was in the mid '90s

Fuck Ibrahimovic, he scored in additional time yesterday in Budapest and Poland didn't qualify for Germany 2006 despite having 24 points, now we have to draw
at Old Trafford in October or count on other teams (e.q. Czech Republic) to lose the points....DAMN IT !!

Now all Zlatan needs is to give Croatia some payback for the only blemish on Sweden's qualifying record =D

That should be a good game even though I think Sweden and Croatia are already set to to be the 2 teams to move on from their group.

Luca Toni looks like he's gonna be the young spark plug Italy's been looking for. Vieri being hurt turned out to be a good thing for the Azzuri. Toni is another HUGE tall striker in the mold of Ibrahimovic. I hope Palermo can continue their awsome run up the Serie A ranks now that he's moved on to Fiorentina this year. My dad was born and raised in Palermo so I support them too, but they've got to lose those pink jerseys before I ever admit to that in public lol!

Next up......... Champions League group stages start this Wednesday!!!!! Without a doubt the greatest sporting tournament in the world. I love watching the elite teams in every top league in Europe facing off. The world cup really can't touch it in my eyes.

Abysmo said:
Poland didn't qualify for Germany 2006 despite having 24 points, now we have to draw
at Old Trafford in October or count on other teams (e.q. Czech Republic) to lose the points....DAMN IT !!

I wouldn't worry about Poland. They're as good as in. The only team that should be sweating in that group is England. They're in serious trouble and heads will role if they fail to qualify after the embarressing loss yesterday to Northern Ireland.

England is and always will be overrated. The best players in the EPL are always foreigners. Beckham is an old fart, Rooney is quick and explosive, but too small to be a threat on corners, Owen is a question mark because he's been sitting on his arse on the bench in Real Madrid for so long. If England does make it to the WC I don't see them being a major factor. Stephan Gerrard is the only real player I like on that team. Liverpool is definitely the team I support in the EPL. :headbang:

hey Gunhaver

So Harrington is going to be a pro-bowler, eh? Any other genius football advice to offer? LOL!

I've been saying it for 3 and a quarter years..... Harrington was the biggest fraud ever. Without Onterrio Smith and Maurice Morris carrying the load on the 2001 duck team no one would have ever heard of this pansy.

Alex78 said:
heh, Bayern Munich destroyed Juventus on tuesday! :)

First loss of the year.... (a 2-1 loss isn't destruction) and a bit of complacency has set in while on the undefeated 7-0 start in serie a. We still have the highest goalsfor/against differential in the group so I'm not worried. Remember - Zlatan's goal in the 90'th is a HUGE away goal which is gonna hurt when Bayern have to come to Turin next month to face a pissed off Juve defense.

Wait until Nov. :D Juve wins 3-0

Gunhaver said:
icon13.gif

at least every other of my brilliant predictions have come true. i'll take one loss

dolphins on tonight, yet not on national TV=fail

I don't think the sunday ticket is gonna carry it either. I'll see it tuesday on shortcuts.

BTW: If you don't have NFL Sunday Ticket shortcuts you're really missing out. Every game replayed in under 30 minutes with all comercials, huddles, timeouts etc. edited out. You can easily watch 3 full games in one hour and just about every game of the week by the end of the week. DirecTV channels 731 and 732 :headbang:

Gunhaver said:
i hate the shortcuts. it's like an abridged book. sucks

It's every play in the game... The only thing missing are the beer comercials and annoying announcers.

I watch the Lions and Bills games in full every week along with whatever Sunday and Monday night games are on but the rest of the week's games I watch through shortcuts,

There's really no other practical way to see every team unless you have no life.

lmao @ this thread who honestly cares about all these facts and opinions if you wanna talk about the oregon ducks or the detroit lions go to an espn forum or something and im sorry but does anyone other than the dude who made this thread care about what football team the members like the best? i say delete this waste of space