for a laugh...

Here is a TRUE STORY:

I was chatting with some dudes the other day, and I expressed my interest in metal. This guy then goes, "Oh yeah metal, Linkin Park are pretty cool."
So I promptly unsheathed my broadsword and split his skull asunder.

The point is it just pisses me off that when you talk to people about metal, they think you mean "bands" like LP.

when i was looking the other week i also found another page that wasnt only linkin park reviews....but well it may be more infuriating that funny but what the hell, i found some of them hilarious:

http://music.msn.com/reviews/userreviews.aspx?user=0321fe75-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

some of my favs - by 'Hell Razer' This is absolutely brilliant. The best debut album ever no doubt! With Great songs like Papercut, One Step Closer, Points Of Authority, Crawling, In The End and Pushing Me Away, no wonder they are the best. Whoever doesn't like these have got shit taste in music and are just sad.

and by him again:
Nickelback rock!
A review of The Long Road by Nickelback
Posted: 5/07/2004
By: Hell Razer
Number of Helpful votes : 0 out of 0

These are without a doubt probably the most underrated band ever which is a shame cos they r amazing! All their songs are great and yes i wud say they are better than the likes of Nirvana and Guns N Roses (exc. Linkin Park who kick ass like no other band. No disrespect to NB cos they r brill)

and "They are the only thing that is stopping me from killing myself because i can relate to them so much and make me feel better"

:D

Nickelback is actually a pretty good band. unfortunately, they don't take enough time between albums to come up with DIFFERENT sounds so a lot of their songs sound similar. i don't think there's anything wrong with their songs though. they're just overhyped.

I can't stand Nickleback. But I do agree with:

"All there lyrics have a lot of depth. But what i love most is how they write about feelings, emotions, stress, frustration, anger, all things that everyone can relate to."

That's what hooked me to the band, their lyrics. I agree musically they aren't very good, but when I hear their lyrics it's like great poetry, alot of what they write about has been experienced by me personally. I guess it's a personal thing. And no Iam not some teeny bopper boy band lover. But, think what you may.

The Dude said:
Here is a TRUE STORY:

I was chatting with some dudes the other day, and I expressed my interest in metal. This guy then goes, "Oh yeah metal, Linkin Park are pretty cool."
So I promptly unsheathed my broadsword and split his skull asunder.

The point is it just pisses me off that when you talk to people about metal, they think you mean "bands" like LP.

I had a similar experience. I walked into ashop wearing my Still Lige shirt, and this chick goes are they a heavy band, Im like yeah, then she goes my husband is into stuff like that you know POD. Needless to say It was hard to hold back the laughter...................

Yeah, it will always be seen as a genre bogans inhabit and have little or no intelligence. But the same really could be said for all, if its not shoved down peoples throats, or marketed as cool, most people wont listen to it. Its a shame, some bands deserve more recognition, but in a way it suits me fine the worst crowd i ever met was at a pop (some band called the shins) concert, every metal gig ive been to has has a cool crowd (i had skinheads saying they would look out for me in the pit at a pantera show - i was a 16 yr old skinny bastard).