For all those who forgot what Kirk Hammett sounded like.

Which solo does he play? All of them, or just bits? I've heard better stuff from him anyways...I like the bassline the most.

dutchy said:
Santana great tone!!!
Kirk.................horrible!!!

I agree. Kirk's also gotta learn about intonation! Almost every live vid I've seen, and even when I saw Metallica live in '96 Kirk was way out of tune. You'd think with all the money they've got, Metallica would get Kirk a roadie that knows their shit about guitars! :lol:

strik9 said:
I agree. Kirk's also gotta learn about intonation! Almost every live vid I've seen, and even when I saw Metallica live in '96 Kirk was way out of tune. You'd think with all the money they've got, Metallica would get Kirk a roadie that knows their shit about guitars! :lol:

The problem is always in hands, not in tuning...

johnnieCzech said:
The problem is always in hands, not in tuning...

True, but if the intonation is out of whack, I don't care how much control you have playing wise, especially when you play higher up on the neck it's gonna sound out of tune. A power chord at the 10th fret is gonna
sound out of tune if the intonation is fucked. Yes you have more control playing leads, 'cause it's mainly single notes so it's not as noticable, as with chords, but I notice it with Kirk when he plays lead and rhythm.

those lil things that get up peoples nose is what has made him,he stands out from alot of other players even though he aint a really good lead player.