For all you Seattle-ites....

dead_fetus said:
read my original post ;) It clearly states that the cd release party is on July 18th :)

And that picture if Dick's is the one that's about 2 blocks from where I live. It rules :)

oops. sorry. Last I had talk to studio 7 it was 7/25. They need to get a website so I can keep up with all the changes.

Apparently there is some picture taking drama happening with the show. Supposedly no one but one guy who made us his own contract can take pics.

Kinda pisses me off, seeing how my gf is my band's official photographer, and no one contacted me about this shit before contracts were signed. If you plan on taking pics, you'd better getin touch the promoters soon...

just an FYI

I don't think so. The guy putting the fest on is a great friend of mine and knows that we have our own photographer. He insisted that NO MATTER WHAT, she can't take pics because of this bullshit contract. I can't believe he'd go off and sign that contract without contacting bands first. That's the main reason I'm pissed about it.

dead_fetus said:
I don't think so. The guy putting the fest on is a great friend of mine and knows that we have our own photographer. He insisted that NO MATTER WHAT, she can't take pics because of this bullshit contract. I can't believe he'd go off and sign that contract without contacting bands first. That's the main reason I'm pissed about it.

i know who you are talking about, because i'm working w/ him on the SMF site.

i'm still confused... why do you suppose this was put in as a clause?

ms. anthrope said:
i know who you are talking about, because i'm working w/ him on the SMF site.

i'm still confused... why do you suppose this was put in as a clause?

As a lawyer I'll chime in. I guess the sole reason for putting this in a clause is to ensure his own profitability....only he can use the copyrighted work created in the photography. I guess he could sell it to local papers, web sites, metal mags, etc.

That being said, Nevermore is not a popular band by any stretch of the imagination, so I wonder how much the factors I stated above really come into play. It also restricts the use of the photographs, which is good for the photographer, but in my opinion, horrid for the band. For a band like Nevermore any promotion is good promotion.

DavE

Well apparently he (the promoter) gave me wrong info. No contracts have yet been signed, and the photographer in question simply doesn't want just any ol chump to be able to take pics at the fest. Frank has granted permission to my gf to take pics of my band and a couple others. It was a small misunderstanding at first. When I hear more details, I'll post them.

dead_fetus said:
Well apparently he (the promoter) gave me wrong info. No contracts have yet been signed, and the photographer in question simply doesn't want just any ol chump to be able to take pics at the fest. Frank has granted permission to my gf to take pics of my band and a couple others. It was a small misunderstanding at first. When I hear more details, I'll post them.

that's good to hear. i knew something didn't sound quite right from your previous post. i do agree strongly that "not just any ol' chump/chumpette" should be allowed to shoot the show for reasons of integrity.

i hope to get a few pics of DL and some backstage antics as well :). this show is going to RULE. death angel have confirmed. talk about bay area metal in seattle (dragonlord, death angel, skinlab, severed savior, exhumed)!

i love seattle :)!