for any keyboard player:

It depends on whether you want a stage keyboard or a solo keyboard. I tend to prefer keyboard solos, and I own a Yamaha PSR-640, but I'm upgrading soon to a Yamaha Tyros - imho, the best keyboard ever. I tried using Rolands but didn't really warm to them, you may think differently, and I've never used a Korg. I go to a Yamaha Music School though, so I'm fairly biased :p When I started playing 5 years ago I had a dinky little Yamaha PSR 195, which was pretty rubbish. Erm... *thinks* For starting I'd recommend a PSR-640 like the one I use, it's a reliable keyboard with lots of different sounds. Watch out for the DSP on some voices though, some sound better without it.

:worship: Tyros :worship:
That keyboard is on fire :hotjump: :Spin:

Try Korgs or Novations. The Novation is about 1000 USD, while Korgs range from 700 - 2000 USD. Also try out the Nord Lead series. Those are pretty nice, and run for about 1000 USD.

I have been praticing on a keyboard (Casio CT680) for about two weeks, 30 minutes per day, and have a guide for learning. How much time does it take to acquire the basic knowledge and ability? Do you think in 1 year I could play the keyboard decently to join a metal band?

It depends on how fast you learn how to read music. Its really a lot easier to play keyboards with classical training. It'll take a long time to play like those virtuoso metal keyboardists.

yeah, I just started playing with a keyboard player. (He loves CoB by the way) He is from South Korea and he can play just about anything. He said his teacher used to smack him with rulers and everything like that. He started playing a part of a Bach song..........Holy shit it was fucking awesome!!! But anyway. from seeing that guy play I noticed how fucking hard that shit is. Guitar is easy to learn but keyboard would take forever...

Tool, I'm beginning to learn the musical notation, but I have seen blind players who can play complex melodies and harmonies -of course, without reading music-. Are they a minority of blind persons with excellent musical memory?

Krigloch, what kind of rulers you did mean, techniques for keyboard from classical music?

epicous said:
Krigloch, what kind of rulers you did mean, techniques for keyboard from classical music?
I think he meant like a rule like this:
ruler.gif

epicous said:
Tool, I'm beginning to learn the musical notation, but I have seen blind players who can play complex melodies and harmonies -of course, without reading music-. Are they a minority of blind persons with excellent musical memory?
Yeah, I think that's a tiny minority who have an amazing ear plus spend hours upon hours practicing every day.