keyboard players

Dec 20, 2005
i haven't seen a keyboard players thread yet so i decided to ask around for any good websites to help with playing technique and or sheet music for metal bands or classical pieces. Also who else plays keyboard??

I play Piano/Keyboard but I mainly just make stuff up on them or figure things out by ear so.. not much help really. ;\

Well if you've got $50 bucks to spare, you could get a membership at Jordan Rudess's Online Conservatory. It's a lifetime membership for just 50 bucks. And yea, he has scales/arpeggios, Hanon-like fingers exercises, and also if you're a Dream Theater fan, the score of some of Jordan's riffs. It's really good, whether you're just a beginner or advanced. =)

And yea, I'm a keyboardist too. Heh. Just converted over to the keyboards at the beginning of the year from piano, and I'm still trying to work out my Roland Edirol, but yea, getting there. What boards do you guys have?

Another keyboardist here.

www.myspace.com/shreddy

If the songs are pretty common you should be able to find MIDI files of them and then just load them into a sequencer and print out the sheet music, but really if your that far along with it in a sequencer you may as well save a tree and just work on it in your sequencer.

For technique, I'll second the Jordan Rudess site, get his instructional video good stuff. Also the forum there is filled with some great players that are very helpful.

I'm a keyboardist, most of the metal stuff I've learned has been through guitar pro or by ear. The only bands that seem to ever transcribe their keys parts are is Dream Theatre, which is understandable seeing as how Jordon Rudess is basically "the guy" when it comes to anything keyboards. I've never checked out his site though, I wonder why. It never occured to me.

I'd really be interested in learning keys parts for bands like Shadow Gallery and Time Requiem, but I'm having trouble finding anything on them.

I'm a keyboardist, most of the metal stuff I've learned has been through guitar pro or by ear. The only bands that seem to ever transcribe their keys parts are is Dream Theatre, which is understandable seeing as how Jordon Rudess is basically "the guy" when it comes to anything keyboards. I've never checked out his site though, I wonder why. It never occured to me.

I'd really be interested in learning keys parts for bands like Shadow Gallery and Time Requiem, but I'm having trouble finding anything on them.

You should start hitting Jordan's site its a great resource even if your just in the forums.