For any who are watching "Amazing Race"....

Gotta confess, the suspenseful ending was one of the best ones they've had, since the tire blow-out could have doomed TK and Rachel to fall behind Kynt and Vyxsin just enough.....
I'll be curious to see the exact finishing times, which you pick up from the departure times on the following leg. Sometimes it doesn't seem to matter anyway, since there can be 4+ hours between departures, like last week, and they all end up on the same damned ferry. :lol:

I'll be curious to see the exact finishing times, which you pick up from the departure times on the following leg.

And the answer? Around an hour, so it wasn't even close.

Kynt and Vyxsin were eliminated this past weekend, so my interest in the show has really dropped a lot. :cry:

I'm rooting for TK and Rachel (the 'hippie' guy and his GF) to win, followed by 'Gramps' and his grandson (Nick and Don). If there were a way for Christina to win and dump her annoying dad off a cliff, I could live with that. As for Nate and Jen, bleah.

And the answer? Around an hour, so it wasn't even close.

Kynt and Vyxsin were eliminated this past weekend, so my interest in the show has really dropped a lot. :cry:

Whoa really? I was just finally watching this show two nights ago and I was LOVING these two! If they're not on it anymore, I have no reason to watch it now. :(

I was happy to see Kynt and Vixin depart. Basically, the more they chose to keep referring to themselves as "goths," the more I wanted them gone. I don't understand why being goth is a defining characteristic, but they sure milked the shit out of it. They were pretty good competitors, but oh well.

I actually didn't think this season would keep me interested, but I have watched every episode. As far as the teams still remaining, I don't know who my money is on...probably Old Man River and his grandson. I'd love to see someone bitch slap Christina's dad. I also think TK and Rachel should lay of the pipe, because they're basically burnt toast in the brain cell department. The couple that argues all the time is probably my favorite as far as entertainment.

I was happy to see Kynt and Vixin depart. Basically, the more they chose to keep referring to themselves as "goths," the more I wanted them gone. I don't understand why being goth is a defining characteristic, but they sure milked the shit out of it. They were pretty good competitors, but oh well.

Err, the producers milked the shit out of it. It was quite clear that they were on the show precisely because of their 'goth' appearance or identity, from the "Dating Goths" tag on the screen to their bio on the Amazing Race site. If they hadn't referred to themselves as goths, it would have seemed pretty odd. :)

I actually didn't think this season would keep me interested, but I have watched every episode. As far as the teams still remaining, I don't know who my money is on...probably Old Man River and his grandson. I'd love to see someone bitch slap Christina's dad.

Hopefully it will be Azaria (of the previously eliminated brother-and-sister team). At last report, he was dating Christina in real life (!) So, yeah, I'd like to see him bitchslap her dad Ron into next week. :lol:

I also think TK and Rachel should lay of the pipe, because they're basically burnt toast in the brain cell department.

And yet they made quick work of assembling the daVinci crane (in Italy) last week. They're not all THAT toasted. I like 'em.

The couple that argues all the time is probably my favorite as far as entertainment.

Oh yes, they're entertaining, in a 'car wreck' kinda way. :heh:

Still, as (host) Phil said to them in one of the video clips on the show's website, "One of the most dysfunctional pairs in the history of The Amazing Race DID go on to win the whole Race." But lord, I hope they don't.

I'll let the DVR keep recording the show, at least for now. Looks like there are only 2 or 3 more legs left anyway (Japan and Alaska, if online rumours can be believed), with one more team to be eliminated and presumably, next week's leg to be a non-elim leg.

Err, the producers milked the shit out of it.

That's probably the case. I know I did get tired of seeing "Dating Goths" on screen, when everyone else was "Dating" or whatever.

Still, glad to see fun, happy people reprezentin' instead of "hiply angry" bozos.

That's probably the case. I know I did get tired of seeing "Dating Goths" on screen, when everyone else was "Dating" or whatever.

Still, glad to see fun, happy people reprezentin' instead of "hiply angry" bozos.
Exactly! That's what I loved about them the most. They seemed more well-adjusted than the other teams, so I was happy to see the title "goths" slapped on some smart, focused, happy people in pink. :headbang:

Hopefully it will be Azaria (of the previously eliminated brother-and-sister team). At last report, he was dating Christina in real life (!) So, yeah, I'd like to see him bitchslap her dad Ron into next week. :lol:

Funny how girls always find guys just like their dad. Azaria seemed to share a few of the condescending, domineering qualities with Ron.

Incidentally, I wonder how Kendekea feels about this. Ya know, cuz her and Azaria, seemed to have, well, forget it...:lol:

Funny how girls always find guys just like their dad. Azaria seemed to share a few of the condescending, domineering qualities with Ron.

Ya think? :lol:

Incidentally, I wonder how Kendekea feels about this. Ya know, cuz her and Azaria, seemed to have, well, forget it...:lol:

There might be a few more bitchslaps goin' around! (Which is cool, as long as someone gets video. :heh: )

I'd really enjoy seeing the non-elimination rounds phased out. I just end up asking myself what is point of watching those episodes. TK and Rachel had probably the biggest setback of the season and it basically meant nothing. Hopefully next week will be more highly charged considering it's to get into the final 3. Still rooting for gramps and his grandson.

I'd really enjoy seeing the non-elimination rounds phased out. I just end up asking myself what is point of watching those episodes.

And we knew it would have to be an elimination round, too. I wasn't going to watch (and just catch the highlights via the website), but I basically had nothing else to do. :)

TK and Rachel had probably the biggest setback of the season and it basically meant nothing.

Well, actually it did. For one of the first times I've seen, teams arriving at different times didn't get 'bunched up' by, say, having to get a newspaper at a certain kiosk that opened at 6am. Their arrival times in Osaka factored directly into who was in the lead, and TK & Rachel's flight messup really hurt them: not only do they have to contend with a Speed Bump in the final round (in Alaska, I think), but they are also starting out THREE hours behind. (!)

Hopefully next week will be more highly charged considering it's to get into the final 3. Still rooting for gramps and his grandson.

I'd like for them or TK and Rachel to win. I'm ambivalent on Christina and who's-yer-daddy Ron.

I'd like for Nate and Jen to lose, and no, I don't care that they're dirt-poor and in debt in real life, a point they make over and over again on CBS' website. :lol:

Well, actually it did. For one of the first times I've seen, teams arriving at different times didn't get 'bunched up' by, say, having to get a newspaper at a certain kiosk that opened at 6am. Their arrival times in Osaka factored directly into who was in the lead, and TK & Rachel's flight messup really hurt them: not only do they have to contend with a Speed Bump in the final round (in Alaska, I think), but they are also starting out THREE hours behind. (!)

I'd like for Nate and Jen to lose, and no, I don't care that they're dirt-poor and in debt in real life, a point they make over and over again on CBS' website. :lol:

But who knows, there could be a situation in the next episode(early on) that allows for TK and Rachel to "catch up" via something similar to your newspaper kiosk example. I'm quite convinced the producers probably have various tricks up their sleeves to accommodate any and all hypothetical situations. Like: if all teams are tightly bunched, we go with option A. if someone is painfully far behind, option B, etc...

I was unaware of Nate and Jen's financial woes, but it certainly makes them even more entertaining, imo. Not likable, but entertaining.

But who knows, there could be a situation in the next episode(early on) that allows for TK and Rachel to "catch up" via something similar to your newspaper kiosk example. I'm quite convinced the producers probably have various tricks up their sleeves to accommodate any and all hypothetical situations. Like: if all teams are tightly bunched, we go with option A. if someone is painfully far behind, option B, etc...

I would agree with you. The airport seems to always seems to be the great equalizer -- teams get there way early then have to wait for their flights. If the other teams have to wait then TK and Rachel stand a good chance at recovering those three hours, especially if the teams are headed to Alaska. Then, of course, that means TK and Rachel need a little luck with whatever flight they end up booking.

I would agree with you. The airport seems to always seems to be the great equalizer -- teams get there way early then have to wait for their flights. If the other teams have to wait then TK and Rachel stand a good chance at recovering those three hours, especially if the teams are headed to Alaska. Then, of course, that means TK and Rachel need a little luck with whatever flight they end up booking.

Judging from next week's previews, some sort of "bunching" must take place, since Jen is seen saying she'd "like to tear out his dreads." There's only one candidate there..... :lol:
I'm hoping TK and Rachel are as lucky with their flight this time as they were UNlucky the last time....can't imagine what went wrong there. :erk:

I'd be happy if they just manage to pull even with the other teams, despite their 3-hour later start and the 'speed bump' they have to complete. Heck, Kynt and Vyxsin managed to do it, so...... :kickass:

Hooray, Nate and Jen were "Philiminated." (Haven't watched it yet, but I heard.)
So, as long as they can keep the $1 million from going into "Who's Your Daddy" Ron's hands somehow, I'll be happy with any outcome. :)

Yep - we were equally glad to see the Bickermasters get the heave-ho. What a pain in the butt they both were, especially the whiney Jen. So personally I'm pulling for TK and Rachael now, although Chris deserves a share of the prize for dealing with her father for most of the show!

Cheers!

What a shocker when TK and Rachel were able to catch up. Their 3 hr delay was completely negated in the first 10 minutes of the show. I'll be rooting for Don and Nick to win. I think the only time my favorite team actually won was Rob and Amber, so I'm really pulling for a win from them.

I gotta say I'm sad to see Nick and Jen go. They were like a guilty pleasure of mine that I hate to admit to liking. Oh well, he'll land some stupid reality tv show and she'll do Playboy or something.

Yep - we were equally glad to see the Bickermasters get the heave-ho. What a pain in the butt they both were, especially the whiney Jen. So personally I'm pulling for TK and Rachael now, although Chris deserves a share of the prize for dealing with her father for most of the show!

Cheers!

QFT!

And if you can believe it, Nate and Jen were even more annoying in the webclips (on CBS.com --> shows --> Amazing Race --> Video). "Which team deserves to win now that we're eliminated? Well, we always felt that we deserved to win, so we've never given the other teams much thought. We needed the money sooo bad." Ahhh, hubris.

What a shocker when TK and Rachel were able to catch up. Their 3 hr delay was completely negated in the first 10 minutes of the show.

Yep, I was expecting a 'bunching up' to take place before they went to Taiwan, for production reasons (the more I think about it, the more interesting my questions about producing the show get :)).

Still, major kudos to them for managing to catch up even while having to contend with a speed-bump.

And it was priceless to see Jen melt down whenever she saw them. Next week's finale, with all of the teams present, should be great. If looks could kill......

I'll be rooting for Don and Nick to win. I think the only time my favorite team actually won was Rob and Amber, so I'm really pulling for a win from them.

They, and TK and Rachel, are my first choices. If Christina could win and keep all of the money, I'd support her too. (Although Ron has gotten a lot better of late. The fruits of success; less stress.)

I gotta say I'm sad to see [Nate] and Jen go. They were like a guilty pleasure of mine that I hate to admit to liking. Oh well, he'll land some stupid reality tv show and she'll do Playboy or something.

heh, Nick said just about the same thing in one of the webclips from Episode 10. "They're always bickering. They were bickering about the line next to them moving faster -- the first-class line -- even when they were the next to get served at the counter. They're fun to watch. Definitely entertaining."

BTW, I had thought Nick (the grandson) was pretty young -- early 20s tops -- but apparently he's an airline pilot. Christina mentions it in one of the new webclips. (!)

So personally I'm pulling for TK and Rachael now, although Chris deserves a share of the prize for dealing with her father for most of the show!

Cheers!

We got our wish; TK and Rachel won it all!

And the best part about it? It all came down to a mental and logical challenge, not a physical challenge (which TK and Rachel might have had an edge in). Kudos to them!