For any who are watching "Amazing Race"....

Yep - just saw it last night - we we watching the Packers game on Sunday night (about which I am deeply dismayed, I might add - my screenname could just as easily have been mgpackersfan, LOL!) In any case, it was a cool finish and I'm glad TK and Rachael won - although as we were watching I was amazed they all were eventually able to remember it all....I guess it makes more of an impression when you're the one IN the race, LOL....it also reminded me of the even more difficult final challenge the hippies had a couple of years ago - putting the flags of each country they visited in order....yeow! Oh well, so it goes....hope next years is a good one too!

Cheers!

Good ending. I thought the final challenge was a lot harder than the one the hippies did a couple of years ago. They just had to remember where they went and what order. This season they had to remember things about where they went. Amazing Race is always a good show. Except for the family edition which was truly awful.

In any case, it was a cool finish and I'm glad TK and Rachael won - although as we were watching I was amazed they all were eventually able to remember it all....I guess it makes more of an impression when you're the one IN the race, LOL....

It had been almost a month since the start of the Race (4 weeks, I think, was mentioned in one of the webclips on CBS.com), so I guess it would be fairly easy to forget parts of it.....or to not recognize, say, the musket from Croatia (since they never handled it themselves).

EDIT: I'm not sure Nick ever actually finished that last roadblock; they never showed him finishing and they might have just decided "hell, dude, the other teams have finished already. Get the hell outta here and go to the Pitstop." :lol:

it also reminded me of the even more difficult final challenge the hippies had a couple of years ago - putting the flags of each country they visited in order....yeow! Oh well, so it goes....hope next years is a good one too!

It would depend a lot on how similar the flags were. "Is that Bulgaria or Germany? Belgium, Chad or Italy?" :lol:

I'm not sure I'll bother to watch the next season (unless it turns out that another team is known to me (!)), but I'll leave the DVR set to record the show and see what happens. I like the format much more than yer typical 'reality' show, since the concept -- a race around the world, for money -- is hardly new. Around the World In 80 Days, anyone? :cool:

I've mentioned this to Derek/Ruthven before, but if he has Kynt and Vyxsin as part of one of his panels at Dragon*Con, it would take a lot for me NOT to be there. So many questions. :)

Heck, here's a few that spring to mind right now:
  • What happens if a team runs out of their allotted money during a leg?
  • What happens if a team is making a mad dash for a train, plane, ferry, etc.....and the omnipresent cameraman (or two-man crew in some cases) can't make it?
  • Does the show ever buy up plane tickets to 'keep it interesting'?
  • Can a team legitimately ask taxi drivers, etc., to ignore another team?
  • If a team ends up with a lousy or dishonest taxi driver who costs them their allotted funds for a leg, can they get reimbursed or are they SOL?
  • If a team tries to bypass a barrier, such as taking a service elevator up to a location that's still closed to the public and then attempting to bribe the guard*, are they disqualified?
Etc. :heh:

-=-=-
* Nick and Don did exactly this, at the "Hanging Gardens" in Taipei. :lol:

EDIT: I'm not sure Nick ever actually finished that last roadblock; they never showed him finishing and they might have just decided "hell, dude, the other teams have finished already. Get the hell outta here and go to the Pitstop." :lol:

Not sure either....I know other teams have bagged it in the past when they knew another team had won, so Nick/Don probably did that here too.

I've mentioned this to Derek/Ruthven before, but if he has Kynt and Vyxsin as part of one of his panels at Dragon*Con, it would take a lot for me NOT to be there. So many questions. :)

Heck, here's a few that spring to mind right now:
  • What happens if a team runs out of their allotted money during a leg?
  • What happens if a team is making a mad dash for a train, plane, ferry, etc.....and the omnipresent cameraman (or two-man crew in some cases) can't make it?
  • Does the show ever buy up plane tickets to 'keep it interesting'?
  • Can a team legitimately ask taxi drivers, etc., to ignore another team?
  • If a team ends up with a lousy or dishonest taxi driver who costs them their allotted funds for a leg, can they get reimbursed or are they SOL?
  • If a team tries to bypass a barrier, such as taking a service elevator up to a location that's still closed to the public and then attempting to bribe the guard*, are they disqualified?

Hmm....curious too, but here's my 2 cents...
  • I remember Uchenna and Joyce running out of money and they had to beg from strangers - I think another team did too at some point. I don't think they can run to the ATM, LOL.
  • I think they are screwed. Same goes for getting through customs - something the race teams and the camera crew all need to do although they hardly ever show it during the airtime of the show.
  • Oooo thats' a good one - don't know but wouldn't be surprised.
  • I think so - it seems almost every team has done this at some point. I remember one particularly obnoxious team from a couple shows back actually calling and canceling another team's taxi reservation!
  • My money's on them being SOL in this case.
  • Good one - not sure - we have never actually seen a team being completely disqualified so I don't know!
Cheers!

A shame for Nick and Don, as I was pulling for them. However, Christina got pretty shitty in that last episode, citing how they should win because they're smarter than everyone else. No doubt Christina probably had a leg up on the other contestants in regards to booksmarts, but clearly that didn't translate to a win. Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Did anyone catch any of the CBS interviews with TK and Rachel the next day? Just curious how they came off...

Not sure either....I know other teams have bagged it in the past when they knew another team had won, so Nick/Don probably did that here too.

"Nick and Don, you are Team #3!!!

HOWEVER, since you cravenly gave up on that last Roadblock and just jumped into a taxi to get here and party without collecting your last clues, you have to go back and finish the Roadblock." :lol: :lol:

• I remember Uchenna and Joyce running out of money and they had to beg from strangers - I think another team did too at some point. I don't think they can run to the ATM, LOL.

Yep, in fact two teams ran out of money at times during this last Race (I know Nate and Jen did, and also Azaria and Hendekia I think), and had to borrow from other teams. I have a feeling that might not work toward the END of the race, though. :) I'm just wondering what happens if the money is truly gone. Maybe a cameraman gives them a ride or something. :)

• I think they are screwed. Same goes for getting through customs - something the race teams and the camera crew all need to do although they hardly ever show it during the airtime of the show.

For that matter, who pays for the cameraman to ride in the taxis?

• I think so - it seems almost every team has done this at some point. I remember one particularly obnoxious team from a couple shows back actually calling and canceling another team's taxi reservation!

hahahaha, that's funny! And eeevil.

A shame for Nick and Don, as I was pulling for them. However, Christina got pretty shitty in that last episode, citing how they should win because they're smarter than everyone else. No doubt Christina probably had a leg up on the other contestants in regards to booksmarts, but clearly that didn't translate to a win. Definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

Same here.....although Nick -- who, again, is an airline pilot, and I'm not sure I'd stay on the plane if HE were flying, since he had a habit of getting lost -- had a big moment of hubris as well. "The rest of the teams left now are wimps," or something like that. (I think that was in Episode 10, with brainiacs Nate and Jen still in the race.)

Did anyone catch any of the CBS interviews with TK and Rachel the next day? Just curious how they came off...

Me, too, definitely!

While watching one of the older episodes I noticed the editors have a positively devilish sense of timing:

Nate and Jen, in a taxi: "Yeah, it's exciting to be going to Taiwan! I really like Thai food!" <taxi driver kinda glances back in annoyance>

Cut to Nick and Don: "Nate and Jen, yeah, they're really smart, they're always a challenge..."

Cut back to Nate and Jen: "I have lots of Thai friends!" <taxi driver gives them another glance of disgust>

:lol: :lol: