For anyone who hasn't seen it: go see Spamalot!

shaq

Demon of the Fall
Jun 22, 2003
New York City
www.metal-rules.com
So last night I FINALLY went and saw Spamalot (after about two years of my friend and I saying "we should go see that") and I sure am glad I did! For anyone not in the know:

spamalot.jpg

If you like Holy Grail this show is a must-see. All the classic jokes are there with new laughs and twists. Hell, even Clay Aiken playing Sir Robin was good! :lol: Of course a few Idol jokes were thrown in for good measure. They even threw in a joke about Eliot Spitzer which just happened a few days ago, so they certainly waste no time. If you haven't seen this show, GO SEE IT! :heh:

I saw this about a month ago (my fiance's christmas gift). It was really great. We saw the tour though and they did make sure to throw in some local jokes about Schenectady, where the theater is in my area (about 20 min from Albany).

A big group of friends and I saw this when it rolled through Dallas' Fair Park last Summer. I'm sure the touring cast is different than the one on Broadway, but the female lead who sang at our show had an amazing voice... I just Googled (I loves the intarwebs) and her name is Esther Stilwell.

A big group of friends and I saw this when it rolled through Dallas' Fair Park last Summer. I'm sure the touring cast is different than the one on Broadway, but the female lead who sang at our show had an amazing voice... I just Googled (I loves the intarwebs) and her name is Esther Stilwell.

She also was at our show and was certainly amazing. I enjoyed her character the most, especially when she sang The Diva’s Lament and that duet of The Song That Goes Like This.

Did you NOT bug Al about this when it was in Chicago?
(I wanted to see it as well, never got the chance)

Unfortunately, I hadn't met Al yet. Otherwise I would have. I did pester him about Wicked, though. Which, compared to the book, was a happy piece of fluff. I still enjoyed it. But really, I'd rather see Spamalot.

I'm hoping Spamalot will comeback to Chicago so I can see the show.

I AM DYING TO SEE THIS... Ever since I saw them do a bit of it on the Today show a few years back just when it was opening in NYC... DYING to see this...

Of course do I know of anyone else near me that wants to?? Nope... Hell do I know anyone else that likes going to DC to see plays - NO...

dammit...

They even threw in a joke about Eliot Spitzer which just happened a few days ago, so they certainly waste no time. If you haven't seen this show, GO SEE IT! :heh:

How could they possibly narrow that whole cluster of a situation down to just ONE joke? :lol:

I would love to see “Spamalot” – I’ll have to put that one on my “list”.

I did pester him about Wicked, though. Which, compared to the book, was a happy piece of fluff. I still enjoyed it.

I saw the Broadway production last year, after reading the book three times. The purist in me thought that the ending was a gross bastardization of a great piece of literature, designed to pander to the masses.

The sap in me kinda liked it.

"Wicked" is currently my favorite musical...I'm seriously thinking about a day trip to Southern CA see the production there.

When the Knights Who Say Ni changed their name, they said "We are now known as the knights who say....There once was a governor from New York..." and recited a whole limerick about it :lol:

I'll bet that brought the house down!! :lol: