For KING DIAMOND fans!

SciKikMobster

puro pinche metal!
This is sooo creepy.... boohoohaahaa (insert evil Vincent Price laugh here)

A preview of the limited bonus DVD included in the new KING DIAMOND album, "The Puppet Master", has been posted online at this location (high-speed connections only): http://www.massacre-records.com/flash/king_teaser/dvdspecial.asp

As previously reported, the bonus DVD disc features KING DIAMOND frontman/namesake telling the story of "The Puppet Master" in full make-up. A North American tour with ENTOMBED, NOCTURNE, and SINGLE BULLET THEORY will kick off on October 18 in Los Angeles, California.

All Hail the King!!

DUDE!!!! when does this CD come out?? MUST HAVE!!!!

Hope he'll come to SLC, or at least, Las Vegas.. been listening to Mercyful Fate since 84...

-HobbesDawg

SciKikMobster said:
This is sooo creepy.... boohoohaahaa (insert evil Vincent Price laugh here)

A preview of the limited bonus DVD included in the new KING DIAMOND album, "The Puppet Master", has been posted online at this location (high-speed connections only): http://www.massacre-records.com/flash/king_teaser/dvdspecial.asp

As previously reported, the bonus DVD disc features KING DIAMOND frontman/namesake telling the story of "The Puppet Master" in full make-up. A North American tour with ENTOMBED, NOCTURNE, and SINGLE BULLET THEORY will kick off on October 18 in Los Angeles, California.

All Hail the King!!

Hopefully, this LA show will start late enough that I can catch KD after Primus.

Also, remember the plan on this tour is to record a double live album. :)

HobbesDawg said:
So the only way to get the DVD with the CD is to order it through Metal Merchants???

I have been looking at preorders from several websites, and it appears so. In addition, US DVD players will not be able to play the DVD: :(

Digipak incl. Extra-DVD! ATTENTION: THE BONUS-DVD CAN ONLY BE PLAYED ON PAL-SYSTEM-TVs! WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, WE WILL SHIP THIS CD TO ALL PRIVATE CUSTOMERS AS EXCLUSIVE& LIMITED EDITION INCL. KING DIAMOND- BUTTON AND -STICKER!
Release: 20/10/2003

http://www.metalmerchant.com/detail...=205400&genre=Heavy&bandname=KING+DIAMOND&ID=

Hmm, after just watching the sneak preview of King Diamond narrating the story of The Puppet Master, I'm going to have to guess that he must enjoy Full Moon Studio horror movies; it appears that he drew somw inspiration from Charles Band. ;)

Where there is a will there's a way. I want a DVD copy of this... maybe one of my Euro buds will make me a copy... I'll still buy the CD.

You can modify any DVD Player to play all regions... you just have to get the codes (procedures)... sometimes you can easily program it with the remote. Hidden features... look on line for your model's code.

I like the footage... more artist should do this. KingD is so creepy on this... look at his cold glassy eye's.

... mommy?

SciKikMobster said:
You can modify any DVD Player to play all regions... you just have to get the codes (procedures)... sometimes you can easily program it with the remote. Hidden features... look on line for your model's code.
This you CAN do, but if the picture is in PAL format, your TV won't reproduce the picture acurately since the CRT (cathode ray tube) refreshes the lines at a different rate than a PAL TV.

I'll be at the Galaxy in the front FUCKING ROW and people better make fucking way for CHICKINSON because I can't believe I get to see KING DIAMOND in the fucking FLESH! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

LOVE HIS MUSIC....what an influence...what a voice...and he selects the best musicians...I could go on and on and on....oh Abigail...

smylex said:
This you CAN do, but if the picture is in PAL format, your TV won't reproduce the picture acurately since the CRT (cathode ray tube) refreshes the lines at a different rate than a PAL TV.

Actually you should be just fine. I hacked my DVD Player a long time ago..plays Region 2 dvd's with narry a glitch. I dont know if its my DVD player translates the PAL or what, but they play great! Hacked it and bought StarGate from the UK since they are all the way up through season 6 on DVD there :)

-HobbesDawg

Bruce Chickinson said:
I'll be at the Galaxy in the front FUCKING ROW and people better make fucking way for CHICKINSON because I can't believe I get to see KING DIAMOND in the fucking FLESH! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
QUOTE]

DOOM! Doom take you all! Us poor bastards in Metal-Vacuum... someone please take me there in spirit! :) Imagine the smilin' Dawg head banging along to King ....*SIGH* no justice!

-HobbesDawg

HobbesDawg said:
DOOM! Doom take you all! Us poor bastards in Metal-Vacuum... someone please take me there in spirit! :) Imagine the smilin' Dawg head banging along to King ....*SIGH* no justice!

-HobbesDawg
There's an easy solution to this...MOVE!

From the looks of things, if no bands are going through SLC, the labels must be checking the sales figures from the region and feel that not enough people are buying the records to bother letting the bands go there to promote. :err: Of course, if the bands don't get to promote their record, how's anybody supposed to know it's out?

smylex said:
There's an easy solution to this...MOVE!

From the looks of things, if no bands are going through SLC, the labels must be checking the sales figures from the region and feel that not enough people are buying the records to bother letting the bands go there to promote. :err: Of course, if the bands don't get to promote their record, how's anybody supposed to know it's out?

Actually there is a pretty high per-capita sales here from what I understand. It is more a prevailing sense that Utah is this den of insanely rightious gits, and that heavy metal doesn't even sell here, ect.

The Mo's have a lot to answer for.. interview most bands and what you hear is "Wow, can you really buy that kind of music there?"

As for people coming.. more or less anything but the "BIG" acts come here any more.. Kiss/Aerosmith will be here shortly, Slayer next month, ect...

Mainly its just certain bands.

I definitely share your enthusiasm, Chickinson! King is definitely a frigg'n major diety in the +Pantheon of the Metal Gods+! Mercyful Fate's "Melissa" was such a groundbreaking album, and even their more recent stuff like "Time" and "In the Shadows" was great, I love them all. Then King's solo career speaks for itself with such haunting classics as "Them" and my purrsonal favorite, "Fatal Portrait". The characters, the stories, that shriek to a growl, the truly creepy mofo that King is, he's definitely worthy of the title. Im glad he will be stopping into San Diego for a show soon @ 4rth n B's, thats a nice venue (would be nice to see the Maidens there instead of Cane's for once, hint hint**='.'=. I just wish that it was going to be him tho, I dont want those other pissant bands taking up valuable stage time. I couldnt care less about "Entombed" or whoever else the hell is playing.

If'n anyone is a King Diamond fan, and you havent checked out Mercyful Fate, run your ass out and grab "Melissa" or "Dont Break the Oath" A.S.A.P.! Youre missin out big time!! You'd be suprised how many people Ive met who like King, yet had never listened to Fate.
They were severely punished and have since repented a thousandfold...