the only issue is the rear firewire 400 port no longer works
but we have been running the machine for 2 years since it went
and never needed to replace it as there is another firewire 400 port
on the front of the machine and a firewire 800 port on the back

Buyer can collect or I can arrange shipping,
drop me a message for shipping prices

Thanks
ow

These units aren't worth hardly $300US nowadays man. I have the same machine and last time I checked the value (months ago) it was at $280. You are a little overpriced, unless you are including shipping in that.

mac2sell.com:
macvalue.png

If I change the HDD to 80GB the price is the same, and the DVI>VGA adapters are less than $40, plus you have a broken FW port. Not trying to be a dick but your price is a little too high for this.

These units aren't worth hardly $200US nowadays man. I have one that I still use daily and last time I checked the value (months ago) it was at $200. You are asking for over twice that amount.

He's in the UK man, prices are different here, the dollar to pound ratio for buying products is only about 1:1.

A $600 guitar will usually cost £600 here.

Just quickly browsing ebay this isnt that bad a deal at all.

Owen, I used incorrect information you quoted the old price (i had put 2MB of RAM instead of 2048, dunno why they use MB instead of GB).

UK price:
macvalueUK.png

mac2sell is a widely used resource for pricing used Macs and other Apple products.

Yeah, that price is a bit steep. The usual practice around here is to either list the Mac with the suggested Mac2Sell price and take offers, or just lower the Mac2Sell price a bit and just sell it for that.

006, you missed that it has a total of 200Gb HD capacity. Not that it matters that much, as it only takes the price up to 170GBP.

Last time I looked this is a gear for sale thread,
I have gear for sale and that's the price I'm looking for

G5's over here of that spec go for around £300 - £350
so that's more than a fair price!

Also, bear in mind that the price mac2sell will give you is the amount they would buy a mac off you. They would then resell the item as parts or as a complete unit with a markup price, so you will never get a lot of money from them.

Its like, i have an ESP M-II i am selling, and i want £850. Cash Converters offered me £300 for it.

Also, bear in mind that the price mac2sell will give you is the amount they would buy a mac off you. They would then resell the item as parts or as a complete unit with a markup price, so you will never get a lot of money from them.

Its like, i have an ESP M-II i am selling, and i want £850. Cash Converters offered me £300 for it.

Uh, no. They don't buy old macs. This is a straight quote from their site:

Does Mac2Sell sell or buy Macintosh/iPod/iPhone ?
Our goal is not to sell or buy used hardware. We offer a free estimation of your hardware.

Anyway, sorry for the OT, I'll now leave the original poster to selling his computer :)

Id say that 240 is a REALLY good price for a G5 of that spec over here! that mac2sell seems a little off.