For those in the NYC tristate area...

MEFlyingV

Sep 13, 2004
NYC, USA
www.overlorde.com
Hail everyone!

I having been telling some of the ProgPower community members about something cool in the NYC area. It is a METAL MEETUP GROUP that as recently started to help energize the area metal scene and also allow members to network, etc.

Some ProgPower people have already joined (thanks!). So if you are from the NYC tristate area and want to join, check it out. Might be a cool way to hook up with your fellow PPUSA friends at shows, etc, if nothing else.

We are having a Sunday afternoon meetup on Sunday Feb 12th in NYC. This is the first official event. After that we’ll see what happens. Maybe have a meetup once every few months, or arrange meetups before shows, etc.

Here is the link. Hope some of you will join up!

http://metal.meetup.com/172/

And if you live outside that area, you can start your own meetup group if you want.

MEFlyingV said:
We are having a Sunday afternoon meetup on Sunday Feb 12th in NYC. This is the first official event. After that we’ll see what happens. Maybe have a meetup once every few months, or arrange meetups before shows, etc.

It's a cool idea and I applaud you making the effort.

Have you picked out a location for the Feb 12th meetup?

JayKeeley said:
It's a cool idea and I applaud you making the effort.

Have you picked out a location for the Feb 12th meetup?

Thanks!

The group organizer has suggested two diners and asked for feedback. One in Manhattan and one in Queens.

Based on the feedback, and number of people who RSVP as YES and MAYBE, then the exact location will be set closer to the time.

You can look at the Feb 12th when you click the link (see EVENTS).

Cool Idea, If I move back to NYC this year and its still going on I would love to join up. Not sure If I am moving this summer or the next summer.

MEFlyingV said:
Thanks!

The group organizer has suggested two diners and asked for feedback. One in Manhattan and one in Queens.

Based on the feedback, and number of people who RSVP as YES and MAYBE, then the exact location will be set closer to the time.

You can look at the Feb 12th when you click the link (see EVENTS).

What's up Mark?

Probably can't make it on 2/12, though it depends where it is (Manhattan is far more do-able for me)...

BenMech said:
Might I suggest a meetup in Jersey too?
I'm good for that too. I nominate the Starland Ballroom and Stone Pony for venues where we might catch a decent show. Just to hang, drink and catch a bite would depend on where everyone was coming from. Closest to me and Dave is the ever-popular, famous Kelly's Tavern. Any other ideas?

Pellaz said:
Just meet up at Vintage Vinyl. You know you just wanna spend some loot on, err, loot. :D

Dont....tempt....me....

*checks mapquest.com to check exactly how to get there*

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GSP; exit 130, US 1. South towards Trenton. stay on the shoulder to use that first light. the first street is Fords Ave. VV is in the center with Furniture Center

DO NOT ENTER WITH MONEY OR PLASTIC CARDS HOLDING MAGNETIC FINANCIAL INFORMATION OR A CHECKBOOK. you WILL buy merchandise there.
It's impossible not to

I totally agree... You simply CANNOT leave Vintage Vinyl without finding something and going "Oh my God, I can't believe they have this here!"

Great store... Takes lots of my money... LOL.

Oh btw... www.vvinyl.com :tickled:

I got a better place for a meetup in Queens. How about the Neptune Diner on Astoria Blvd.? It is right on the Grand Central a stones throw from the Triborough Bridge, and right under the subway. The parking is decent as well.

Peace,
Ray C.

Stingray11214 said:
I got a better place for a meetup in Queens. How about the Neptune Diner on Astoria Blvd.? It is right on the Grand Central a stones throw from the Triborough Bridge, and right under the subway. The parking is decent as well.

Peace,
Ray C.

That's a great idea! The Neptune is walking distance for me. :)

Steph

Torn2Shreds said:
I totally agree... You simply CANNOT leave Vintage Vinyl without finding something and going "Oh my God, I can't believe they have this here!"

Great store... Takes lots of my money... LOL.

Oh btw... www.vvinyl.com :tickled:

You officially owe me money now. Bastard.:tickled:

Mary took me to VV for the first time ever last month. I never thought I'd see a CD place as good as Rasputin's in San Jose. I was wrong. It's a good thing VV is so far from our house, otherwise we'd be broke...

dt

Great idea! I might have to join ya. I live in Toms River, so a NJ place would be cool. I also have a kid due in the next couple of weeks, so confirming wouldn't be wise for me at this time.

I actually work in North Jersey...yes, the commute...SUX!!! So, maybe even an evening meeting time during the week might work for some of you as well. It's much easier for to go into the city during the week because I can stay with my brother-in-law.

As for VVinyls...I have never been there since aI just moved to the east coast from the Bay Area (San Jose to be exact).

As for music stores in the Bay Area, Rasputin's is great, but a better place is in SF called Amoeba. For those who know this is "THE PLACE". If you ever get a chance to go...GO!!! Don't walk...run, don't pass Go and collect $200, because this place will suck money out of your soul faster then you can spit!

:headbang: