For those in the NYC tristate area...

Hey, cool Lots of feedback on the meetup group.

Well, the best place to talk about where, etc is at the meetup group itself.

http://metal.meetup.com/172/

Join, start the topic in that forum, and that way all the members and organizers see it.

We have 42 people now. 8 people committed to the 12th plus 8 maybes. If anyone wants to come as my "guest" as opposed to signing up, let me know. Guests are welcome. Also, depending where the meetup is held, if we need to drive in, I can fit 4 more people in my F-150 Supercrew cab.

For sure we will have events in different locations. NJ, etc. And some events wil be built around shows as opposed to stand alone events like the 12th.

Also, I discovered a cool little place in Bound Brook. The Hamilton St Cafe. Could be a good place for some homegrown metal shows! They actually RENT the place out too for a very reasonable fee. Decent size stage. Also, PA, lights, the works.

Its not the Earthlink or the Starland, but hey. TRISTATE AREA METAL MEETUP MONSTER JAM. Sound good?

Anyway, Vintage Vinyl is near me. So anyone is welcome to hit my place for to recover after the spending fest. And hey, remember, Overlorde has its own CD divider at VV so its easy to find our CD. Check out the limited edition Vinyl gatefold also.

And both RASPUTINS and AMOEBA either stock, or can order, our CD.

Torn2Shreds said:
Oh man... I'm gonna have to go rob a bank just to pay this guy... :tickled:

Try to curb yourself Angra, I know it may be difficult... :)

I've just PM'd you my bank account # and my paypal account address so you can make the deposit.

Sorry, no money orders. :p

Vintage Vinyl is THE GREATEST METAL RECORD STORE ON EARTH.

I've said it a million times before, I'm saying it again.

Though if not for Vintage Vinyl, I probably would be MUCH closer to a down payment on a house.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Vintage Vinyl is THE GREATEST METAL RECORD STORE ON EARTH.

I've said it a million times before, I'm saying it again.

Though if not for Vintage Vinyl, I probably would be MUCH closer to a down payment on a house.

Yeah, I started going there when it was a little store in Irvington, waaayyyy back in the early 80s. Before it moved to the current location.

So back on topic. Anyone else thinking of joining the Meetup group???

This might be stretching a bit for most of you, but W.A.S.P. is playing at The Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ on Friday, March 3rd.

I just love the old 80's metal scene, i.e. Slayer, Iron Maiden, KISS, L.A. Guns, Black n Blue, Faster Pussycat, OK...so, Faster Pussycat is a hair band and not metal!

I know you guys can't wait to rip me apart for liking Faster Pussycat, but hey W.A.S.P. Blackie still kicks ass! I seen him last year in Atlantic City and they still got it.

Is anyone from interested, and if so how about a meet before the show? Vintage Vinyls isn't too far away.

Animal
I wanna be somebody
Love machine

This is all too good to pass up. :headbang:

The Starland is a great venue and only about 25 minutes or so from me. I'd love to meet up for that one. Probably not going to pay attention to the Pussycats, but W.A.S.P. was always entertaining. Sounds like a fun night out.

Killerdoberman said:
This might be stretching a bit for most of you, but W.A.S.P. is playing at The Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ on Friday, March 3rd.

I just love the old 80's metal scene, i.e. Slayer, Iron Maiden, KISS, L.A. Guns, Black n Blue, Faster Pussycat, OK...so, Faster Pussycat is a hair band and not metal!

I know you guys can't wait to rip me apart for liking Faster Pussycat, but hey W.A.S.P. Blackie still kicks ass! I seen him last year in Atlantic City and they still got it.

Is anyone from interested, and if so how about a meet before the show? Vintage Vinyls isn't too far away.

Animal
I wanna be somebody
Love machine

Does sound cool. Faster Pussycat isn't playing with them, are they?

Remember to talk about the show here: http://metal.meetup.com/172/

Killerdoberman said:
W.A.S.P. is playing with Seven Witches, Murder Machine, and Condemned to Burn

I haven't heard of these other bands...have you? New Metal, Old Metal?

I cant comment on the first two bands, but Seven Witches has been around since the lates 90s. Solid heavy/power metal with 6 CDs out.

The singer in my band, Overlorde, is Bobby Lucas. Bobby created the band concept and name and founded the band with Jack Frost. He sang on the first two Seven Witches CDs which were released on Massacre Records.

MEFlyingV said:
I cant comment on the first two bands, but Seven Witches has been around since the lates 90s. Solid heavy/power metal with 6 CDs out.

The singer in my band, Overlorde, is Bobby Lucas. Bobby created the band concept and name and founded the band with Jack Frost. He sang on the first two Seven Witches CDs which were released on Massacre Records.

Yup, 'tis true. Though I personally enjoy 7 Witches more with Rivera, I think Bobby did just fine hooking up with Overlorde! :headbang:

MadeInNewJersey said:
Yup, 'tis true. Though I personally enjoy 7 Witches more with Rivera, I think Bobby did just fine hooking up with Overlorde! :headbang:
Bobby has a great metal vox, liked him in Seven Witches, Exhibition, and of course Overlorde..."Return of the Snow Giant"! Oh YEA!:Smokedev:

Killerdoberman said:

Animal
I wanna be somebody
Love machine

I get to a lot of the Starland metal gig's, if anyone ever going...give me a shout b4.

Ha.........Vinage Vinyl. That is like 10 minutes from my parents house. Whenever I would go visit they always got some of my money. AngraRules you would be able to find it no problem.

Hey all.

The next meetup for the NYC Tristate area Metal meetup group has been set for Thursday, March 16th at BB Kings. Check it out and sign up if you’d like to attend or become a member of the meetup group in general.

At least one person from this board did sign up and was somehow dropped from the group. That person told me he did not resign, so there must have been some kind of server hiccup.

So if you previously joined the group and have not been getting the event announcement e-mails, be sure to stop back and re-register.

Remember, this group is free!

http://metal.meetup.com/172/