FOR THOSE INTERESTED - JACKSON SCOTT IAN JJ2

surfslip

New Metal Member
Feb 25, 2007
cgi.ebay.com
For anyone interested, I'm auctioning off my Jackson Scott Ian JJ2 on ebay.

I'm having a custom made, so some lucky bidder is going to take this one home.

These aren't made anymore and they don't show up on ebay too often. Check it out and feel free to contact me with any questions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCOTT-IAN-JJ2-JACKSON-ARTIST-SIGNATURE-SERIES-ANTHRAX_W0QQitemZ140089973859QQihZ004QQcategoryZ104671QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1_FRONT.jpg

I've been playing guitar for about 12 years, and consider myself a pretty decent player, but there has always been one question I have about those JJ guitars:

Where the hell are the dots?

I probably only look at the fretboard half of the time when I'm playing, but every once in a while you want to know where the hell you are on a guitar. I suppose they are still marked on the side of the fretboard, but that's the one thing that's kept me from buying one of those things since day one.

I've been playing guitar for about 12 years, and consider myself a pretty decent player, but there has always been one question I have about those JJ guitars:

Where the hell are the dots?

I probably only look at the fretboard half of the time when I'm playing, but every once in a while you want to know where the hell you are on a guitar. I suppose they are still marked on the side of the fretboard, but that's the one thing that's kept me from buying one of those things since day one.

PUSSY !!!! The ones on the side are enough for me!!!

I am so confused on the differences between the JJ1, 2, 3, and 4's.

When I look on Ebay some have string-thru bridges, some have tremelo, some have the dice, others have the killswitch. Why on earth do you need 4 different models of your signature series?!

I like Scott's Jackson's better than his Washburns though. I think the pentathrax inlays on the Washburn kick ass, but all in all I like the look of his JAcksons better. Looks don't really mean crap though, and since I never had the joy of playing either, I guess I wouldn't know!

Ha, ha! Hey, talk smack if you want, but after you've downed a six pack of brews and you are half way through a set list those dots can come in handy. That and I just think it would look better with dots, flaming skulls, or whatever for inlays.

I like the simplicity of it. It's a nice guitar and I think the highest bid is a little over 600. I don't know how much I would pay for that guitar but it wouldn't be that much more.

Wasn't there one JJ model with only 5 strings? I always wanted that one...

Hey Surfslip, who's making your custom guitar, and how much it costs to get one done, if I can pry? I've been thinking of having one made, but I have no idea where to look...