For those planning to put Seymour Ducans into a RG1527 (or any Ibanez I guess)

pifos_2

des scoubidoubidous wha !
Jan 15, 2007
Netherlands
www.myspace.com
THE FUCKING NECK PICKUP HOLE IS NOT DEEP ENOUGH !!!! The height and width are perfectly the same, for 7 strings anyway, on my model.

You'll have to make it deeper (that slut) with a dremel tool or whatever. The metal plate holding the pick-up is not flat like the ibby stock ones (goddamnit). So the neck pickup touches the strings with a regular string action (raaahhhh).

The bridge is ok anyway. but i cannot put it backwards anymore.

I was not too excited by removing the wood out of the guitar. So the SH1-7 is still in its box. I'll do that later when I'll more time.

Anyway, the SH4-7 I put in the bridge positions sounds killer through a dual rectifier. Full of harmonics.

Give it a try. It killed my old RG7620 with the stock dimarzios.

I'd bring that up over at Duncan's forum. There's nice dudes over there, and there seems to be direct links to the moderators on the board and the man himself. I'd (nicely) let him know of the issue. But that sucks you had to go through that.

I'd bring that up over at Duncan's forum. There's nice dudes over there, and there seems to be direct links to the moderators on the board and the man himself. I'd (nicely) let him know of the issue. But that sucks you had to go through that.

Oh really ??!! Yes, good idea :kickass:. Let them know that the metal plate profile is an issue on some guitars.