For Those Who Don't Know Swordlord!!!

OMG, that photo is a riot!! I had completely forgotten that that picture was taken. Thanks a lot for posting that, brings back great memories and definitely is getting me psyched up for September!!

Hah hah ... somehow I had completely forgotten about Brent "Zorro" Erwin until that picture. I have a hilarious picture of him doing his mummy impersonation in the hotel room on our last night, if I can find it, I'll post it. He had the ingenious idea of staying awake the whole last day instead of getting two hours of sleep before the flight ... that didn't work out too well, did it, BE? :lol:

See you all in September!!

Nathan

Progpower 8 will forever be the year that I was Nathan's waterboy. He also schooled my ass in Archon, if I remember correctly.

Progpower 8 will forever be the year that I was Nathan's waterboy. He also schooled my ass in Archon, if I remember correctly.

HA! I had forgotten about the Archon with Bill passed out on the floor. Wonderful times.

HA! I had forgotten about the Archon with Bill passed out on the floor. Wonderful times.

dude I was in that room sitting right next to Bill well he was on the floor I had a chair. Anyway you remeber when he was yelling about the air mattress attacking him?

dude I was in that room sitting right next to Bill well he was on the floor I had a chair. Anyway you remeber when he was yelling about the air mattress attacking him?
Yeah, the only person Nathan didn't school in Archon was Phil ("That guy who stands on chairs in overly crowded rooms"), 'cause Phil schooled everybody. He was the undefeated Archon Champion of ProgPower VIII! Archon rematches at ProgPower IX, anyone?

By the way, Nick and I would both like to say to all who experienced the wonder that was room 234 at the Granada: "You're welcome!" :lol:
Oh yeah, and "Air Mattress Tent!" :lol: :headbang:

We had so much fun in that room, that was at least until Biffle came back to tell us that the cops were on their way up and then I had to tell everyone (including Cellador, Zak Stevens, Johnny Mac, and members of Pagan's Mind) to get out before we all got busted. :headbang: Good times!

I think I remember you... honestly I was a bit gone by the time we discovered Room 234 (thanks, btw, BRMH :headbang:). I do remember the air mattress incident! Dang, that night Bill had too much fun in the best way you can :lol:

We had so much fun in that room, that was at least until Biffle came back to tell us that the cops were on their way up and then I had to tell everyone (including Cellador, Zak Stevens, Johnny Mac, and members of Pagan's Mind) to get out before we all got busted. :headbang: Good times!

Dang it, I missed all that. Chris from Cellador, my friend Jeremy, and I had left on a quest to find a Waffle House after getting schooled (rematches, yes!). Evidently we went into the wrong part of town during our search, and we wound up being the only guys at the House that weren't holding hands. :(

It's really cool to find out who you guys are. I'm sure I'll recognize you when I see you Biffle... and I remember you BlackRose; I think you had a laptop or something during the time we were there.

Dang it, I missed all that. Chris from Cellador, my friend Jeremy, and I had left on a quest to find a Waffle House after getting schooled (rematches, yes!). Evidently we went into the wrong part of town during our search, and we wound up being the only guys at the House that weren't holding hands. :(

I'm guessing that might have been the WH on Cheshire Bridge, which -- significantly -- is just down the road from the Heretic (a gay bar) in Atlanta's justly famous Vaseline Valley district. :lol:

For future reference, the nearest and most convenient Waffle Houses to ProgPower are up I-75 North at Northside Dr. (about a mile and a half) or up I-85 at Clairmont Rd (about the same travel-time as the Cheshire Bridge Rd WH).

I'm guessing that might have been the WH on Cheshire Bridge, which -- significantly -- is just down the road from the Heretic (a gay bar) in Atlanta's justly famous Vaseline Valley district. :lol:

For future reference, the nearest and most convenient Waffle Houses to ProgPower are up I-75 North at Northside Dr. (about a mile and a half) or up I-85 at Clairmont Rd (about the same travel-time as the Cheshire Bridge Rd WH).

LOL!! We live about 10 minutes away from the Vaseline Valley District!! That's great, Paul....:lol:

There's also the Landmark Diner basically right across the street from that Waffle House. Used to be the old Dunk-n-Dine.... Also, there's a WF right off the N. Druid Hills exit on Buford Hwy where Kid Rock got arrested when he was here.. :p It's actually one exit closer to the venue than the Clairmont WF. :)

There's also the Landmark Diner basically right across the street from that Waffle House. Used to be the old Dunk-n-Dine....

Oh, wow, I just realized that was the same site as the old Drunk'n'Dine!

Also, there's a WF right off the N. Druid Hills exit on Buford Hwy where Kid Rock got arrested when he was here.. :p It's actually one exit closer to the venue than the Clairmont WF. :)

True, but it's farther from the freeway, not as obvious to see from the exit, and you have to loop around and make a left.

:lol: Oh that was a fun year! Thanks so much for keeping me hydrated, that’s very important for METAL HEALTH! :lol:

Somebody stop me …

Was Bill conscious for ANY of ProgPower is my question! :lol:

That was SERIOUSLY a great room party! It was so great to hang with you & Nick and Bill and Steiner from Pagan’s Mind and all of the other amazing people that I met. I hope that this becomes a tradition with y’all!

F’AR!

I dusted off a box in the attic from last year. I found the box under a worn out rug which was propped up under an old mattress. I had it wrapped in cloth and scanned. It is now in a safety deposit box.

I now give you with no further ado....Thy Swordlord...In All His Mighty Glory!!!

Nathan Rules!!!

P.S. Anyone know who the three others in the pic are?

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ndID=6773654&albumID=1144708&imageID=27841034

They Are to SwordLord's left, Brent Erwin, to his right (my drummer) Ernie Toprin and (my Guitar player's wife) Ann Bodan (photographer). http://www.annbodanphotography.com/