for you fools in the US getting the DVD early

Super Mahrio

Deeply Horrible Person
Apr 30, 2003
Muspelheim
Visit site
just so you know it will be PAL...no worries!! go to this link CLICK MEH!!!
Buy that doodad and there you go..DVD will most likely be playable! :) if you arent sure, call Radio Shack..some Pasty faced geek will tell you whats up! :D

Dem0n0fTheFall4 said:
you can just order it from theendrecords, all regions, which is what im about to do, but thanks for the info

FOR THE LAST DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!
The fact that is 'all regions' has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is PAL and Americans and Japanese may have trouble playing on their TV sets (not DVD players)

if i live in the united states and i ordered my dvd at the end, will i get it when it comes out in europe or when it comes out in the US?

Beware of that thinking! American companies do not mean american functioning product...I bought my Nightwish DVD from a music store in philly, and it was fucking PAL!!! why a music store in philly would stock and sell PAL DVD's is beyond me, but I was pretty ticked.

Greenwater_Pond said:
Beware of that thinking! American companies do not mean american functioning product...I bought my Nightwish DVD from a music store in philly, and it was fucking PAL!!! why a music store in philly would stock and sell PAL DVD's is beyond me, but I was pretty ticked.
Can someome tell me where Nightwish are from?

THEN we might be able to answer your question. We get NTSC discs floating around out this way all the time.

Okay, just so nobody buys something they don't need.. that little doodad isn't going to help you one bit; it just changes one cable shape into another. The signal will still be PAL.

It's kind of stupid that American equipment doesn't support PAL very commonly; considering almost all PAL TVs/players will play NTSC just fine. Ah well, you guys are missing out on the superior format. The problem with converting a PAL disc to an NTSC disc is that you'll lose resolution and get extra motion blur in the conversion, although for many people it's the only choice you'll have other than watching it on computer.

Or you can just play the disc in an all-region all-format capable DVD player...that's what I do.

PAL, NTSC...it's all the same to me..:p

I wouldn't go so far as to say PAL is superior either. Yes, it has 525 lines of resolution versus NTSC's 480, but the refresh rate is slower (flicker madness) and all PAL movies play faster than they were originally filmed at.

Neither is perfect.

Oscar said:
Okay, just so nobody buys something they don't need.. that little doodad isn't going to help you one bit; it just changes one cable shape into another. The signal will still be PAL.
Yes I was more than just a littlee skeptical that that little (cheap) doodad would do what he said, just to busy (couldn't be arsed) to follow up and confirm my suspicions. Thanks for the heads up.

Limelight said:
Nightwish is from Finland, so that explains the issue with PAL.
I thought it might. Thanks.

alphacorvus said:
Or you can just play the disc in an all-region all-format capable DVD player...that's what I do.

PAL, NTSC...it's all the same to me..:p
Won't make a difference if you don't have the right TV.

PAL>>> NTSC >>>> SECAM

'kin french. :mah: