for you megadeth fans ... and artists

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
After two decades of rocking, the heavy metal band MEGADETH's mascot Vic Rattlehead needs a facelift and the band has commissioned the world's largest online artistic community, deviantART, to redesign him. In addition to having the chance to redesign a mascot whose image has appeared on several MEGADETH albums as well as a myriad of band merchandise, the fans can also win the biggest prizes that have ever been offered for a deviantART contest. The prizes include three Dave Mustaine signature series electric guitars:

First prize: LTD AXXION (photo)
Second prize: LTD DV8-R (photo)
Third prize: LTD DV200 (photo)

Designs can be submitted at this location. More information is available by clicking here. Contest deadline is Tuesday, February 14 at 12:00 a.m. PST.

rattlehead.JPG

Those guitars suuuck ass.

He was better off playing his Jackson Randy Rhoads flying V.

Behold, the legend:
270px-Randy_Rhoads.jpg

The guitar pictured here is NOT the signature RR flying V. :loco:

at this point are you guys still excited about what Mustaine comes up with musically next?

lurch70 said:
at this point are you guys still excited about what Mustaine comes up with musically next?

At this point? :lol: Dude, they just released their best album since Countdown.

And the answer is yes. #1 reason? The Eidolon boys. Not sure if you've heard any Eidolon, but it's like a fucking aggressive version of Megadeth (circa Countdown or Youthanasia). Now that the guitarist and drummer (they're brothers) are in Megadeth (AND WRITING WITH MUSTAINE), the next record could be fucking smoking....

...or it could suck. Who knows. :loco:

Haha, I must have missed that.

But hey, I have ZERO problems with hired guns, especially if it pulls a band out of the doldrums.

Seriously though, Eidolon were influenced so heavilly by Megadeth anyway, so it's like fans playing with their idol. You just know that they're going to be sweating bullets. :loco:

JayKeeley said:
You just know that they're going to be sweating bullets. :loco:
*rimshot*

i really dug the last album but i'm going to have to get hyped up again to enjoy the next one methinks. this last one i was forced into excitement by like 90 JayK messages a day up until the release date. :tickled:

"DUDE YOU GOTTA HEAR THIS!!!"
"man, i want to wait for the release date."
"NO! NOW!!!" yousenit.com/ew//w/w/w/thescrorpion.mp7

Hahaha...

Yeah but it was totally different back then. REMEMBER - the world thought Megadeth were finished for good. It was the comeback record, and fuck me, I can throw on "Kick the Chair" or "Blackmail" right now and be kicked in the gonads.

Megadeth, I will buy blind no problemo, it's a safe risk, fnar fnar.

No! Funnily enough, they're a "close but no cigar" type band...but with Mustaine at the helm, it may just be a perfect combo.

Better than the rumoured Mustaine / Waters combo anyway.