Forbidden - Trapped

Gunstar9

Skeletor Goes to Mars
Jan 30, 2005
As some of you may know, I'm a bit of a Forbidden fan. I love their first two albums "Forbidden Evil" and "Twisted Into Form". I really haven't spent much time on the later releases "Distortion" and "Green". There have been a number of posts about this band here on this forum before. I found something that I felt I should share with you:

"Trapped". "Trapped" is a wonderful little EP. I've read around the net that this is just a demo released by the band. I'm not sure if it was properly released by a label, but this KICKS MAJOR ASS! This stuff was written and recorded between "Twisted Into Form" and "Distortion". Popular rumor has it most of the songs on this EP were scrapped due to Tim Calvert leaving the band. There are 6 tracks on this EP, 4 of which were never released. Luckily, there is Youtube:

Disillusions

My Sorrow's My Own

Trapped & So Dark (live)

In my searching I also found this wonderful song that was written and played live but never recorded during this time:

Crawl, Walk, Run, Fall (live)

This is some great stuff that's been lost in time. I can definitely say my favorite of all of these is "My Sorrow's My Own". Good luck finding MP3s of this for download. I managed to snag them, but unfortunately don't believe I'm allowed to provide links. Looking is worth it though: MP3s of these songs sound infinitely better than Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude what is this pussy song 'Disillusions'? this song is terrible and not even Forbidden.
\

That is Russ singing though, sounds like a bonus track from Green era but its obviously from before that...

Personally I love the Distortion album!

Bear

Wow, thanks for posting these all in one spot! I remember the song names from an article regarding their post-Twisted activities many years ago, and totally forgot when nothing surfaced.

Further looking into this, there were two demos released between "Twisted Into Form" and "Distortion".

Trapped:

1. Trapped
2. So Dark (On This Side)
3. My Sorrow's My Own

Disillusion:

1. Disillusions
2. Hypnotized by the Rhythm
3. Mind's I

sooooo, like, I apparently recorded Forbidden playing a gig in Oakland in 1993, April 10, to be specific...with a Sony WM-D3 and supplied mic

SO FAR

Forbidden
Oakland, CA
Sub-Culture
April 10, 1993

intro to intro
intro music
Infinite
Out Of Body
Hypnotized By The Rhythm
Minds I
Trapped (***)
So Dark (On This Side)
R.I.P

that's the end of side one, tracking side 2 now, 7 more songs ranging in time from 6 to 9.5 minutes.

more later.

side II:

--- ? ? ? getting frustrated with this one, just under 6m, opening lyrics something like "into another place, my lines without a face", acoustic intro, gets somewhat heavier...

Feed The Hand
One Foot In Hell
Wake Up!
Disillusions
Forbidden Evil > Chalice Of Blood (not being 'up' on my Forbidden, I tracked this as one song....ooops)
Tossed Away