forest of october

opethpainter

the psychedelic servant
Jan 20, 2002
italy
jump.to
hey, guys, i'm fallen in love with this song...

well, i got into opeth with still life, then i get all the other cd's and we know that opeth need to be listened more than one time...

orchid was great, but in the beginning was not enough, except for "the twilight is my robe" which i loved since the 1st time i heard it...

well, some weeks ago someone put a post here about opeth bootlegs... i got [thanx to a friend's fast connection] all the audio bootlegs and put into cd's: so i realized that the old songs like f.o.o. and advent are played in a so greeeeeeeat way live...

damn, forest of october is the greatest... and there's a point in the middle, after the guitar solo, where just 1 guitar speaks that makes me freeze!!!!!!!!

ok, that's all folks!!!!

I love The Twilight Is My Robe, as well as The Apostle In Triumph.. and Forest of October is a great song indeed.. but I think Under The Weeping Moon is the "worst" track of the album (could be of all their albums :)).. I don't know, I just don't like it.. I hate that middle "doom" part which goes on for about 3 minutes or something.. Just felt like mentioning that..

i think that serenity painted death is the best song that opeth plays,,,because it is very diverse. it has alot of different styles mixed into one.

WOW! what a grand friend to do that for you!! I can only imagine just how good they are!

:)

Originally posted by TheMindzI
I don't know, I just don't like it.. I hate that middle "doom" part which goes on for about 3 minutes or something..

I absolutly LOOOVE that part of the song, it's so dark and sinister sounding, fuckin fantastic if you ask me!

I think The Twilight is my Robe is the best track on that album.
I love the little bass bit at around 5mins 30, it sounds... funky
:headbang:

Originally posted by TheMindzI
[BI think Under The Weeping Moon is the "worst" track of the album (could be of all their albums :)).. I don't know, I just don't like it.. I hate that middle "doom" part which goes on for about 3 minutes or something.. [/B]

As iiiif. I love that dommy glomy part of the song, it sounds so sinister, rad.

I love the Twighlight is my Robe, best track on the album I reckon.

Forest Of October is My favorite song on Orchid. And orchid is my favorite album. I love under the weeping moon... It's a very strange song..

Mikael Akerfeldt Broke a string on Forest Of October on the live bootleg I have.. It's funny.. And he recovered really well.. But god they were plagued by problems in that show...

I love the way Orchid blasts off with "In Mist..." I think that describes the beginning the best. It just blasts right-the fuck-off! Then you get double your pleasure with the eerie sounds of "Weeping Moon." Yes. That's what I said. Doubled! Pleasures! I love Silhouette and Forest, but I really live for "The Twillight..." Sends shivers up my spine every single time! You add "Requiem" and "Apostle..." and you can't complain here....no I mean it. YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN! This is a masterpiece. Whether you accept it now or years from now. Whether its to the world or hiding in your closet. Just admit it. Everyone. All at once...once and for all.

;)