forest of october/Nile

Sep 19, 2005
Belfast
Been thinking about the riff mike plays in Forest of october around 6:30 min and i think it might be the half bend but it really reminds of a karl sanders stylr riff, no real point to this post just thought i'd see if anyone else is as overanalytical as me:cool:

Are you talking about the slide riff in there? Yeah I could kinda see the Karl influence. That'd be cool...hmm...Forest of October in Drop A...genius!

I like Nile, but they'd never be my favourite band. And I think his growls are too weak in places.. Can't remember the track name.. The Winds Of Horus i think it is, but i remember just pissing myself laughing at how weak his vocals are in this bit that just sounds like it should break out into pure insanity.

But yes, good band.

Nile owns \m/, the egyptian sound they acheive is cool but sometimes it reminds me of a band called Big country who tried to acheive a bag pipes sounds from there guitars lol! (my dad has there cd's not me, just for the record)

I thought Ithyphallic was a pretty good album as far as new directions/techniques/sounds for nile. But i will agree that it is nothing compared to black seeds of vengeance.

I thought Ithyphallic was a pretty good album as far as new directions/techniques/sounds for nile. But i will agree that it is nothing compared to black seeds of vengeance.
Black Seeds is pretty much their best album, though Shrines is my favourite.

Ithyphallic was really good I thought. A bit too much like AOTW to be anything new but hopefully their next album will solve that

Wow, really guys? When ithyphallic came out was impressed, I think its their best, The songwriting has improved so much from their early work.

Yeah, I can kinda see where it sounds like Annihilation, but I still think Ithyphallic is great. Def in my Nile top 3. I mean come on...listen to Papyrus!