forest of october/Nile

Cool that so many here like Nile. I love them, one of my fav bands. Ithyphallic is an awesome record. Took a few listens before I really "got" it, but now I love it. Like the guitar sound on AOTW alot more though. Ithyphallic has better drumsounds at least.

Hope Karl will do the guitar lessons in europe aswell, just bought my ticket.

How can anyone say that Ithyphallic was a disappointement??? I love all their albums, but you can definitely notice a gradual development and improvement throughout the albums ... I think people who don't like Ithyphallic will never get into the next albums probably.

How can anyone say that Ithyphallic was a disappointement??? I love all their albums, but you can definitely notice a gradual development and improvement throughout the albums ... I think people who don't like Ithyphallic will never get into the next albums probably.

Because to me it sounded like left-overs from the AOTW sessions with some fretless guitar work thrown it. It didn't sound like they were doing anything new, or progressing with the sound. The only track I liked was "Even the Gods Must Die", and that's probably only because of Karl's lead at the end.

It' not a bad album by any means, but I don't think it's as good as the other ones. Best songs on Ithyphallic is "The Essential Salts" and "What can be Safely Written". I love Nile's doomy parts, but I think that they overused them on this album - they kinda lose the effect. I miss the three-vocal attack too now that dallas does like 95% of the vocals.

It' not a bad album by any means, but I don't think it's as good as the other ones. Best songs on Ithyphallic is "The Essential Salts" and "What can be Safely Written". I love Nile's doomy parts, but I think that they overused them on this album - they kinda lose the effect. I miss the three-vocal attack too now that dallas does like 95% of the vocals.

Chris Lollis (their new bass player, and guitars in Lecherous Nocturne) did some of the vocals on the album, but he sounds very similar to Dallas so you really have to listen to pick out which lines are his. He does more live, especially on the older tracks.