Forgotten 'Katatonic' Tomb...

FatefuL

syndrome lover
Apr 22, 2004
Aracaju, Sergipe, Brazil.
www.fotolog.net
since Katatonia has always been the greatest and a so avantgard band, we all know that they drove new ways into the dark/heavy music.. and have been an clear influence for tons of bands that like us all here have been able to discover the divine taste of supreme melancholy on music.

i know Forgotten Tomb for some years now.. but have never really listened to them.. cuz by the time i had the chance to do it, i was not really into more 'extreme' kind of metal.. and was on a friend's house that loved to show a lotz of stuff in the same time.. so I probably was too bored to care.

so.. recently i've got forgotten tomb's songs to leave.. i've always been fascinated with that album's artwork.. among other good and also really 'strong' ones.. such as the one who's been censured cuz it contained a little girl pointing a gun to her mouth..

so i kind always knew about them.. and seen all around but have never really listened to their music.. untill this present day.. and so i got really impressed by how Katatonia BMD it was.. songs to leave got all that drumming and dissonant lead guitars so characteristic that later came to be found on bands like Rapture and Daylight Dies.. among others..

I really had no idea that they would sound like that.. from my past memories.. i really could only remind something really different.. kinda drone-doom/black metal stuff.. wich also can be found on 'Songs to Leave' .. the opening track "Enthroned By Winter" is a great display of that ..

for you that have already listened.. or for the ones that hasn't yet.. try to se the track #4.. "No Way Out" .. shit.. that's completly " Murder " .. some leads are pratically the SAME..

but actually i think they are a good band.. and could be able to make some cool crossover between earliest Katatonia from 'for funerals to come' ( with the kind of vocals and some riffing.. on a more 'blackish' style ) with brave murder day.. as already mentioned before.

finally, feel free to share ur impressions likes/deslikes about that.. : ) or any other shit you may wanna talk about.. since the main reason i came up with this threat was the ' i've got nothing going on here ' state that i'm in.

LBG_Censored_Cover_Small.jpg

censored cover for Love's Burial Ground

forgotten_tomb-songs_to_leave-cd-digi.jpg

Songs to Leave cover

haha, just now i kinda felt a bit like Jesse on Darkdose's.. just needed to host "No Way Out" mp3 and a amazon link then this topic would be simillar to one Darkdose post.. lol.. so what do ya say Jesse, next one could be on darkdose's domain, couldn't it ? hahaha. :lol:

Yeah, I like 'em. And the Katatonia influence is applied very well with the Black Metal basis. They remain very extreme and depressive without going into self-parody like Shining. My favourite tracks are probably "Steal My Corpse". "House of Nostalgia" and "Entombed By Winter".

Shining? I assume you're not talking about that magnificent movie. Don't know why but lately it has seemed like the best music would come from Italy. I think my personal favorites by Forgotten Tomb have to be "Entombed by winter", "Scars" and "Springtime depression". Hell, even though that the latter one is a peaceful instrumental, it's unbelievably depressive.