Forgotten Tomb - Negative Megalomania

sunofalightbulb

More Kvlt Than Ever
i'm not sure if this has been discussed yet or not, so my apologies if this is a repeat thread. what thoughts do you have about the latest offering?

personally i'm a very big fan of it. the title track is a killer song, and the clean vocals are very rough, but very fitting.

i also read an article about the probable reaction to this album from the underground fans. if you an underground fan, do you feel like Forgotten Tomb "sold out"?

i havent heard their full discography, but i found this release to be really generic, the clean vocals to be off-putting and overall pretty average. it wasnt bad, it just isnt really worth listening to that much.

It's not bad, but I also like it least out of all their efforts. IMO Songs to Leave is their best, followed by Love's Burial Ground, then Springtime Depression, then Negative Megalomania. It has some cool riffs that wouldn't sound out of place on Love's Burial Ground, but it also takes another step further away from black metal. There isn't much black metal left in their sound, and some parts of the new album sound almost like a metal band playing alternative rock. I still like the album for what it is, but it is their weakest effort so far IMO.