What do you think of Chris Barnes's current vocals and his early CC vocals?

^Me too, and upon listening to The Exorcist as a bonus track on my The Bleeding CD I've gotten used to the super low growl and it's actually sounding better each time, so I may end up buying Tomb of The Mutilated and/or Butchered At Birth eventually, but I still love his current style better.

butchered at birth is a fantastic album, so is eaten back to life, but i havn't really listened to tomb of the mutilated enough to really enjoy it

six feet under arn't that great i reckon but eh each to their own

i have started listening to death recently and they are fantastic,

its funny because when i look at chris barnes now and what he looked like when back in cannibal corpse its a huge difference

What do you think of Chris Barnes's current vocals and his early CC vocals? I think currently he has the best vocal style I've heard from him, one of the best growlers in death metal today with his low growls on The Bleeding and Six Feet Under albums, I'm not a big fan of his super low vocals on Tomb of The Mutilated and I'm glad he changed his vocal style, I haven't gotten into early CC because the vocals are just decent to me, or maybe I should get used to them over time, they're not in my favorite DM vocals, I prefer traditional lows. I recently bought The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse and if Barnes had stayed with CC they'd be one of my favorite DM bands today. Why did he change his vocals from the super lows to the current traditional lows? Did he blow out his vocal cords or what? I noticed Frank Mullen doesn't use his vocal style from Effigy of The Forgotten anymore either so maybe super lows are only temporary, what do you think?

Well I haven't heard to much SFU but what I heard was pretty bad. The vocals on Bringer of Blood were horrendous.
As far as the old CC stuff the only album where he had good vox was The Bleeding. But I still love Tomb.

Well I haven't heard to much SFU but what I heard was pretty bad. The vocals on Bringer of Blood were horrendous.
As far as the old CC stuff the only album where he had good vox was The Bleeding. But I still love Tomb.
His vox on Six Feet Under's The Haunted are basically the same as on The Bleeding, I want to get a hold of the Create To Kill demos right before CC kicked Barnes out too. Barnes's vocals on 13, the album after Bringer of Blood were very good, and so are the vocals on the new album Commandment from the one song I heard Doomsday. I haven't heard anbything off Bringer of Blood but Amerika The Brutal and it was a truly shitty video, mediocre song.

^Me too, and upon listening to The Exorcist as a bonus track on my The Bleeding CD I've gotten used to the super low growl and it's actually sounding better each time, so I may end up buying Tomb of The Mutilated and/or Butchered At Birth eventually, but I still love his current style better.

Save your money and buy Suffocation's "Effigy of the Forgotten" instead. WAAAAY better than anything Cannibal Corpse ever did, IMO.

The production is generally better on Pierced, but I like the songwriting on Effigy better.

Well then, get some early Carcass, namely Symphonies of Sickness.
I haven't heard much Carcass, just one song of them on XM and I didn't get a good idea of what the sound like, what do they sound like and what do the vocals sound like?

I haven't heard much Carcass, just one song of them on XM and I didn't get a good idea of what the sound like, what do they sound like and what do the vocals sound like?

Their early stuff is grindcore with a combination of deep grunting and mid-range growling (see "Reek of Putrefaction"), but their later material is basically melodic death (though not as melodic as, say, In Flames) with some catchy riffs (see "Heartwork"). If you want a combination of the two, try "Necrotism: Descanting the Insalubrious", which I consider to be the apex of their creative output. Try a few songs from each album and see what you think.

I would also try some of Napalm Death's 80s material if you like Carcass' grind albums, as they were two crucial bands in grindcore's formation.

Well if anyone wants to send me some Carcass my MSN name is my e-mail address for hotmail, I'll sample some 30 second stuff though. I've only heard newer Napalm Death and it's very good, Barney Greenway is a very good vocalist.