(don'tshootme) what do you think of the new Disturbed?:P

Originally posted by SculptedCold
I hated Disturbed before (if ever there was an awful band less deserving of it's name.....) so I won't even bother listening to their new stuff let alone look for it.

Haha, well mudvayne are not much better!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Cheese
Haha, well mudvayne are not much better!!! :rolleyes:

In fairness,they are.I'm no fan of Mudvayne but the bassist (Though incredibly overrated) is better,the drummer is better and the guitarist,well,they both suck.Mudvayne have a better rhythm section.
Its the better of two evils,like Slipknot to Limp Bizkit.

Proud to say I havent heard anything from the new Disturbed. What really annoys me is some people would call me close minded because of that. I disagree because I am not gonna force myself to like something that I hate just because it would make be "open-minded." Bah

This is why I hate Nu-Metal:

If those bands weren't around... the real metal bands would be on MTV right now... and TRL wouldn't exist. I could go down to the local recordstore and buy a goddamn CD I've been looking for... and not have to wait 2 weeks for mailorder.
I could sit in a car in a parking lot.. and not have to scream at all the idiots that play that crap out of thier stereos.
The metalheads would unite, and we would rule the world.. instead of the posers.
Disturbed should all be tied up and shot in the balls, eviscerated, and drowned in piss. Fuck them. Die.

Actually, the 'real' metal bands wouldn't be on MTV, because they cfind it more difficult to make promo videos because of the costs involved. Major record labels sign nu-metal bands because, however much you may protest that they're crap and untalented... well, they're popular and sell a lot more records than most 'real' metal bands... the biggest-selling band at the moment is Creed, for instance...
Also, if you can't find the CDs you want in the stores... try different stores! That has nothing to do with nu-metal at all... the last few times I went into a store I managed to buy Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro, Isis - Oceanic, Mistress - Mistress, Soilent Green - A Deleted Symphony For The Beaten Down, Nasum - Human 2.0, and quite a few other extreme releases...
Sounds like a bit of paranoia creeping in there...
As for screaming at 'idiots' in cars for playing music you don't like... well, imagine if they all turned round at you and screamed 'idiot' for playing music that they don't like...
Metalheads would probably be united, if it weren't for 'heavier-than-thou' attitudes that seem to see nu-metal fans as inferior, and dismiss them as having no opinion worth hearing, and most of the macho posturing on this thread seems a hell of a lot more 'poser'-like than someone asking for opinions on an album they like... I mean, if you all hate nu-metal, why post in a Disturbed thread?
That's just my opinion, anyway. :p
More on-topic - I used to like Disturbed's first album, mainly because (a someone mentioned earlier) of the syncopated, staccatoed rhythmic vox... but the genericism of the riffs and samey nature of the songs made me get bored of it after a while. From what I've heard of the new album ('Prayer' and 'Awaken'), it sounds like they've incorporated a bit more melodicism into the sound, but dropped the vocal style I liked... so I doubt I'll be buying it, myself. Although those tracks do tend to get people up and dancing at the rock club I DJ... :)

Well said Dill. Too many people here (and in general) do have that "heavier than thou" attitude. You dont like something then just dont listen. Its not hard at all. If you hear it playing in someones car the dont bother with it unless you are getting in that car, other wise just let them drive on by.

btw, some people here need a Prozac. :lol:

My first post in this thread was a joke. (in case no understand the...;)...emoticon)

I don't care for Disturbed, but more power to the people that do