What do you guys think of the Quebec metal scene?

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
I think we have a lot of great bands. Just think about Martyr, Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, Blinded by Faith, Cryptopsy ( I personnaly don't like Cryptopsy at all ), Gorguts ( although I'm not 100% sure if they are from Quebec ). Some bands that came here, like Iron Maiden, said that we have one of the best crowd on Earth. So what do you guys think?

Gorguts are from Quebec. Being from Quebec myself I think we have a pretty good scene with a lot a high quality bands. Anonymus, Despised Icon, Ion dissonance, Kataklysm (not my favorite but they have been around for a long time), Necronomicon, Horifixion and Voivod (same as Kataklysm) are other good bands from quebec. :)

Well I didn't name Kataclysm because of the other thread that bashes them lol. BTW, is the rest of Canada into metal too or are we the only ones???

Alberta and British Columbia have great 'scenes'.

Allfather, Annihilator, Disciples of Power, Abuse, Draumvakzeph, Goatsblood, Dead Jesus, Axis of Advance, Lust, Operation Winter Mist, Ouroboros, Bitchsplitter, Thorazine, Strapping Young Lad (eventhough I don't like 'em much), etc, etc, etc... I couldn't remember any more off the top of my head.

Worm-Infested Intestinal Tract said:
I'm fairly sure there are some good bands from other areas of Canada.

Well... Annihilator... Strapping Young Lad... there are certainly others

Are they from Quebec or Canada? ( I'm not a separatist btw I only ask this to know if they are from my province... separatism is kinda dead with the new generations coming.. )

AsModEe said:
Are they from Quebec or Canada? ( I'm not a separatist btw I only ask this to know if they are from my province... separatism is kinda dead with the new generations coming.. )

Yes they are..oh! and theirs also Arnstadt...

Salut ma gang d'ostie! I thought i was the only frog to defend quebec.

btw late kataklysm rocks.

Somberlain said:
I like Frozen Shadows, Malveillance and some Godless North is cool. I have no idea whereabouts in Canada Megiddo are from, but they're excellent.

They are from Toronto...as is Feral Horde, another excellent underground black metal band...

Sacrifice, Kittie, Cryptopsy, Rush, And Oh Yea, E-Force. Awesome. Take Off, You Hoser, Gimme Another Beer. U.S. Traitors Welcome!

Save The Planet, Kill Yourself.

AsModEe said:
I think we have a lot of great bands. Just think about Martyr, Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, Blinded by Faith, Cryptopsy ( I personnaly don't like Cryptopsy at all ), Gorguts ( although I'm not 100% sure if they are from Quebec ). Some bands that came here, like Iron Maiden, said that we have one of the best crowd on Earth. So what do you guys think?

Maiden Said Cleveland Ohio Had Best Crowd On Earth. Hint, Hint?