Battle Royal of the Death Metal Scenes

AsModEe

also known as ass-mode
Feb 13, 2004
Québec City
Imagine that the world's main Death metal scenes would fight in a battle royal, which would be the ultimate winner??? Now people, judge by the bands, not by the nationnalities.

The scenes are the following:

- American Death Metal Scene ( with bands like Vehemence, Necrophagist, Death, Morbid Angel, Deicide and add more if you want )

- Quebec's Death Metal Scene ( with bands like Gorguts, Cryptopsy, Quo Vadis, Neuraxis, Capharnaum, Martyr, Oblivion, Necronomicon )

- European Death Metal Scene ( I don't know a lot of true death metal bands. I know Decapitated, Behemoth, The Forsaken and Zyklon, but you guys will have to help me on this. )i

Warning: Don't think I'm a separatist because I said Quebec's death metal scene instead of Canadian death metal scene, it's just that the scene is a lot stronger in Quebec than in the rest of Canada )

I would say that it would be tie between American scene and Quebec's scene, though I would need to know more European death metal bands to have a more accurate judgment )

Feicht said:
i thought necrophagist were from germany and carphanaum from florida...
Well Dan Mongrain is the guitarist of the band. But, I don't know if he took great part of the song-writing. So, I don't really know if Capharnaum is part of the american scene or the Quebec's scene.

As for Necrophagist, you're fucking right. I thought I saw somewhere they were from U.S.A. I was completely wrong.

Doomwatcher said:
Do bands that are now split-up or have dramatically changed their sounds count?
Well....... let's say no. That would mean that Death doesn't count... which sucks IMO, I really like Death.

AsModEe said:
Well....... let's say no. That would mean that Death doesn't count... which sucks IMO, I really like Death.

No it wouldn't :/ it would mean that Death DOES count.

My answer is definitely European, but there's so many bands I can't be bothered to list them right now.

Death does count? But they don't exist anymore. This is about the actual death metal scenes, so the bands need to exist and do tours and stuff.

And hey, if you could name me some good european death metal bands ( technical bands would be more appreciated ) go ahead.

Like I said... we are talking about the actual scene. On final thought, my vote goes to Quebec, because I love technical death.

As for the European scene, the image of bands like Arch Enemy, In Flames and Soilwork takes too much place for me to let them win.

American, hands down.

Arghoslent, Suffo, The Chasm (from Mexico but reside in America), Immolation, Nile, Vehemence......

AsModEe said:
Like I said... we are talking about the actual scene. On final thought, my vote goes to Quebec, because I love technical death.

As for the European scene, the image of bands like Arch Enemy, In Flames and Soilwork takes too much place for me to let them win.
There are plenty of brutal death metal bands Europe. You should divide Europe up by country, because it's so massive. Saying Europe loses due to three bands from Sweden is totally unfair.

No... they don't lose because of those 3 bands... it's just that when I think of European death metal scene I think of the whole Melo-death crap and I hate it. I'm sure there are a lot of good bands in Europe and if you read all my posts, I even asked GoD to name me good death bands to be less ignorant about the european scene. Maybe they would get my vote if I knew the scene enough... Still, Quebec's scene kicks ass and a lot of people ignore it... isn't that unfair too?

AsModEe said:
Death does count? But they don't exist anymore. This is about the actual death metal scenes, so the bands need to exist and do tours and stuff.

And hey, if you could name me some good european death metal bands ( technical bands would be more appreciated ) go ahead.

I'll name some tomorrow if I remember - 5.35am is not a good time for such a thing. But what I meant was, if what Doomwatcher said applied, Death would count, because if you're including split up bands and Death are a split up band...you get the point. I think either I misinterpreted what you meant or you misinterpreted what Doomwatcher meant but blah sod off bed.

AsModEe said:
it's just that when I think of European death metal scene I think of the whole Melo-death crap and I hate it.

Myrkskog (fucking rules!), Zyklon, Vader, Behemoth, and God Dethroned are all from Europe.

Therefore, Europe wins. Though if Morbid Angel's new album with David Vincent turns out as good as I'm praying it will, and if Vehemence somehow manages to get even better, that'd tip the scales a bit.

Everything from Quebec sounds like Cryptopsy. I love Cryptopsy, but hyperblast gets real old real fast, and I'd rather... well... listen to Cryptopsy.