New And Old Death Metal (Recommend)

People are more likely to reply to a frequently asked recommendation list in the designated recommendation thread or go to the previous pages of said thread to repost the list or link to it than to reply in an entirely new thread simply because it's really fucking annoying and having it all in one thread is much more tolerable. You don't have to "wade through pages," you just ask whatever the fuck you were going to ask in the new thread you were going to start.

Teh Grimarse said:
if somebody asks about a band in the reccomendation thread that has been asked about before, nobody would probably mind repeating their answers, so you dont really have to read through anything.
True... but

WNxScythe said:
More people see and answer if he starts a new thread anyways.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Yup, you pretty much can't go wrong with any of those bands, except TPH have some shitty releases, make sure you don't get anything before HDCE, and Carcass has the shitty Swansong, but aside from that everything is bound to be good.

No it doesn't - Swansong is fucking excellent. It isn't Death metal, but that doesn't mean it has no positive qualities.

I really like it, so 'ner.

how about we just respond to these threads by recommending awful bands? that'll stop 'em.

possessed
death
sepultura (old)
morbid angel
entombed
cannibal corpse
darkthrone (1st album)
fear factory (1st album and concrete)
dying fetus
meshuggah
arch enemy
opeth
xearo

I'm not sure what you've heard. my recomendations

Amorphis: the karelian isthmus
Morbid Angel: altars of madness,blessed are the sick,covenant.
Sentenced: north from here,shadows of the past. North From Here is more tech and darkened DM where shadows of the past is more traditional easy crushing death metal. North From Here is actually original and innovative for 93.
Carcass: necroticism. Micheal and Bill churn out some of the most killer riffs/solos on this album. One of my all time favorite releases.
Grave: into the grave
Cemetary: an evil shade of grey
Edge of Sanity: unorthodox. More traditional early 90's swedish death metal. Not progressive like say the brilliant 'crimson', but solid oldschool death
Immolation: dawn of possession,here in after
Seance: saltrubbed eyes
Pestilence: consuming impulse
Tiamat: the astral sleep
Demigod: slumber of sullen eyes
Entombed: left hand path
Gorguts: considered dead,the erosion of sanity
Dismember: like an everflowing stream
Monstrocity: imperial doom
Brutality: when the sky turns black
Adramelech: pychostasia
Incantation: onward to golgotha,mortal throne of nazarene
Demilch: nespithe
Bloodbath: resurrection through carnage. All bloodbath is good but this one stands out.
God Macabre: the winterlong. Underlooked swedish DM with a doomy/atmospheric vibe.
Revenant: prophecies of a dying world
Unleashed: where no life dwells
Torchure: beyond the veil
Fleshcrawl: descend into the absurd. Classic album by an average band.
Death: human
Atrocity: hallucinations,longing for death

This is all you need in death metal(probably forgetting some)

Ex-cally-boo said:
deathmetal.jpg

I noticed you have some stuff by !T.O.O.H!. I've heard a song or two by them and was pretty impressed, I just can't find shit from them anywhere. Last time I checked their site, it was non-responsive too. Any suggestions?

BlackSeedsOnVirginSoil said:
I know loads of good metal, and I'm generally new to the scene. About 2 years ago I got into metal. Anyways, I just wanted to know some great Death Metal, Black Metal or Thrash bands that meet the likes of Exodus, Nile, Death, Dimmu Borgir, Old Man's Child, Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, CoB (NOT), Opeth, stuff like that.

kthxbi.

PS. Sorry if this is spamming.
I just want some advice <3 :Spin:
hey man do not for get paddys here and ilove lamb of god right now they are fucking awesome :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :Smokin: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: